Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Newb smoker needs help

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ryguy87, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Please can someone explain in detail what the hell dabbing weed is? what the little round tray thing is for? How to do it. What all the pieces invovled are called and used for.

Also can someone explain to me in detail the different parts of a bong and what theyre called i.e. stem, slide, bowlpiece.

Can someone also explain what triple blown and double pipes mean.

Can you explain the different parts of a vaporizer and what theyre used for.

i tried looking on the net and cant find a site that goes over all these things in a concise and beginner friendly way. Every site is for expert stoners who already know the terminology and shit.

2. Yes, he does.

3. You don't dab weed, you dab hash oil. The little round tray I'm not sure what you're referring to, but if it is a little titanium plate connected to a bell shaped glass thing which inserts into a bong, you heat that up with a torch and then 'dab' the hash oil onto it in order to vaporize the material. You might be referring to an oil plate though, which you don't need and it's really only for people that are making their own oil and using it up quickly.

As for bongs, the downstem is the glass piece which is inside the bong and goes down into the water, the slide or bowl is going to be the thing you put the weed in and it slides into the downstem, a carb on a piece (not on *most* bongs) is so you can put your finger over it while hitting and then take it off to suck in air and clear the chamber of smoke. An icecatcher is in most bongs and it's just those little indents about half way up, so you can drop icecubes in the bong and it'll cool the smoke. A percolator in a bong are little slits either in the downstem or built into the bong above the water (percs also hold water), they filter the smoke through more water of course and through those little holes, which cools the smoke. This cooling stuff is all added, you don't need it. You can also get an ashcatcher which will connect to the downstem instead of your slide or bowl going in there and it'll catch ash as it's aptly named and also cool, you put the slide/bowl into the ashcatcher rather than the downstem if that makes sense hard to explain in writing.

Triple blown you don't need to know, I assume it's referring to them blowing the glass 3x to make it stronger. No clue what a double pipe is.

Vaporizers tend to be a bit different each one, but there are the electric ones in which you can insert the glass wand (with the weed in the end of it above the screen) after the ceramic filament is heated to the right temperature, and just inhale slowly through the plastic tube or a bag or whatever your vape uses.

This is just a ton of information that you don't need to know all at once, my advice is get a piece or a bong it's not that complicated, figure out how to use it and go from there.

4. take your shit talking elsewhere you fakeass ghostface killah.

5. thanks a million!!

quick questions:

what does it mean when people refer to the stem and bowlpiece as "glass to glass" and what other kinds of setups are there? what difference does it make?

By the tray thing i meant that round ceramic glass thing that people rest the dabber in, or at least thats what ive seen on youtube

why is it better for bongs to have more chambers?

what is a zong?

6. Take my shit elsewhere? Fakeass GFK? You are trying to turn GC into google. You have 3 posts, and you're telling me to leave? You got jokes

7. unlike you, i don't measure my dick by the amount of posts ive placed on an internet forum, you helmet.

now do me a favor and EAT ME "wu disciple" LOL.

8. Sounds like you're trying really hard to smoke weed.

9. lmao. a zong is a chamber like a reg bong but just shaped like a z =D aaand if i was u captain new to toking, i would buy my ass a cute lil pipe or bong and keep it simple for your early smokin carreer. just sayin brodie <3

10. Helmet? Really? Who fuckin says that? And why don't you do the work yourself, instead of asking everyone to half-ass a ton of definitions for you? Put a little effort in and do some of your own research.

11. Lol everyone chill

Glass on glass means that everything is glass, the connection between the downstem and the bowl is going to be glass, the other type is this little plastic connection with a round rubber thing to seal it. Just make sure you get glass on glass if you're going for a bong. The pieces should slide perfectly in place and let no air inbetween it without a rubber seal.

That round tray is just an oil dish, like I said you won't ever need one unless you're actually making oil (not just smoking it), it's just a place for them to put the oil in while it's not being consumed, but they are smoking the amount quickly enough (within a few days) that leaving it out in the air isn't going to degrade it much.

Zong is a brand of bongs, they suck. The only reason for a bong to have more chambers is to cool the smoke more, I have a very basic bong and it's all I need and I smoke a shitload.

12. Well looks like you got pretty much everything answered, but I wanted to add that through years when I was younger buying 'double blown' pipes blah blah blah, I just assumed it was real, but to my current understanding its just what head shop owners say to sell their shit, so don't listen if someone says 'xx-blown'. :smoke:

13. roger that.

14. much appreciated.

and thanks for being chill and not judging.

cheers.

15. sure thing hotshot.

16. Dude start off with the small things first as you sound like a new toker. Try a small pipe.