Newb Semi-Organic Grower Questions (Fungi)

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by charlesCarnage, May 22, 2013.

1. #1 charlesCarnage, May 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2013
    hey guys/gals!

so i was inspecting my plants today and i noticed some fungus growing on top of my EWC that i top dressed with, the only places the fungi is growing is in the spots with the EWC.  

i also noticed that this is the same type of fungi that grows in my bag of EWC and oatmeal that i am using to make some fungi dominated tea atm.  i water my plants about every 10 days or so.  i also have plenty of ventilation circulating through my grow area, and the humidity fluctuates from around 50 to 60 percent.  i am very inexperienced in organics. and when i google this topic all i can find are ways to get rid of it.

so i guess my question(s) is: is this good fungi or bad fungi??  if so should i try to get rid of it?  all four of my ladies just started showing preflowers.  right now i'm not very concerned about it, because this is the same shit that was growing on the EWC and oats that i was preparing.

thanks in advance guys/gals!!!

2. I'm no pro either good buddy, but i would say that your good I mean BIM may not be tasty to us heterotrophs but to the autotrophs its like a fat kid with cake.  Happy growing

sip+cup=destruction 
    GK

3. cool man thanks, i figured i was ok i just wanted to make sure 

4. the main reason i was concerned, was because i thought this stuff was only supposed to grow on roots....  but i guess if the fungi have an adequate food source they can grow pretty much anywhere

5. Won't harm anything

6. #6 charlesCarnage, May 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2013
    thanks again guys lol i know if i posted this in the non-organic sections those guys would be telling me to get rid of it!  or they would be telling me to adjust my ph!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  thats they're answer for everything...  

"OMG your ph is like one trillionth of a point off you gotta fix it with harsh chemicals..... "

Only certain type of fungi/bacteria form a relationship with the plant roots, some living freely in the soil.

Check out my sig for reading material if you want to educate yourself on the subject, also see some of the stickies here in the Organics Section.

Most people call what your seeing "Santa's beard" its a sign your soil mix is thriving with life.

8. Awesome!! Thanks a lot. I'm glad I'm doing something right! Yeah I've been doing lots of reading on the subject. I love organics. I feel so much more involved in the growing process.

9. #9 genghiskgro, May 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2013
    Its an adventure that's for sure almost like it puts everything into perspective, as above so below they say. 

I will say before getting into gardening never knew that god is in the rain and the worms.

Sip+Cup=Destruction
    GK