Newb...please help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gzmeski, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Hey Guys,

I know this is probably the wrong place for this post, but I am committed to growing in the next few weeks. I have been reading and talking to people, and I don't know where to begin!

There are so many guides, and forums, and different advice. Does anyone know one website or one resource that will be most helpful for a first timer? Everywhere I look is different advice, different recommended grow mediums, different lighting recommendations.

I heard hydroponics was very simple and easy for a first time grower, but I've also heard soil...any recommendations? Money isn't to big of an issue because I have friends who want to fund this for me. Any one have a GOOD, EASY TO READ guide start to finish, fast harvest seeds, what materials to buy, what seeds, what set up, every thing with pictures.

ANYTHING HELPS.

Thanks guys,
    sorry for the newb questions. I just really want to start growing as a hobby just no idea where to start.

2. I think you already are starting in the right place being here. There is everything you need to know, just gotta look or ask

3. hydro is for chemists. Get one formula wrong and you can lose a whole crop. Any normal human can grow in soil. There is a website called grow weed easy which explains the basics of pruning and training.
    my mix is
    16 qts epsoma potting mix
    8 qts cheap perlite
    8 qts cheap peat moss
    5 cups epsoma Tomato Tone
    1 cup Dr Earth Alfalfa meal
    1 cup epsoma kelp meal
    and small amounts of water from germ to harvest
    that's all you need and some good containers (I like airpots) and a good light (no comment, other than it is hard to beat that good old 600w mh/hps. I use led.)

4. honestly the best advice i can give that help me out is this, it all depends on how much time and energy you want/have to devote as a grower, also what you want to achieve with growing. once you have the basics you come up with your own techinque and style of growing...

Soil-takes the longest but easy to maintain/can produce extremely healthy plants if done right/ acts as a buffer.
    coco/peatmoss/most soiless mixes- faster then soil,requires more maintence/micro managing,but will force you to learn advance techinques somewhat.
    hydro- the fastest growth rate of all but requires full attention,and complete micro managed.
    custom mixes- is your own mix which ,that can have a wide range of mixes catered specifically to your growing style/technique and only you know the character in which it acts because normally your the one who cooked it up..[​IMG]
    but the best thing is you can just about do anything with all of them once you get your feet wet, this helped me out alot so maybe itll give you some direction good luck!![​IMG]

5. totally get what your saying about hydro being for chemist, but i also heard its super super easy, where soil can have a lot of problems and really need to check on it constantly. where i heard hydro you just really check water levels and what not. Before submitting this forum I was very set on the hydro method, but is that really a bad idea for the firs time?

6. #6 lotek590, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2015
    yes, I would say so. it's sold as "anybody can do it" but I know me, and I would be a nervous wreck checking levels and knowing what to do when they are wrong. Growing in dirt is as normal as sex. If you get bored with that, you can get into something kinky like hydro.

7. #7 lotek590, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2015
    yeah, I would agree. I know when I was starting out I was very gullable and would buy just about anything that promised bigger buds. To each his own. One guy is trying to grow as much as he can per killowatt. The other guy is trying to grow as much as he can per sq/ft. And then ther are those of us who already grow more than enough and are trying to figure out how to do it more enjoyably. For some that may be the chemist route. That's just what they naturally enjoy. And for some of us that may be the dirt road. That's just what we like. Sometimes we like good dirt more than we like good pot.

8. check out ironheads method for success..I started with lucas formula in hempy buckets which is similar..it really just comes down to picking a style and then googling any questions