Newb needs some help

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by TheSkySpy, Jan 21, 2015.

1. I'm mid 40's, and just getting into pot, hoping it'll help with cravings trying quitting drinking. I've probably only had pot 10 times in my life, and don't like the burn I get with a pipe so I bought a vaporizer. I'm committing :) an Airizer Extreme Q. The thing is I can't quite figure it out. The pot seems to make me uptight and paranoid, but maybe I just have to get used to it. If it can get me past the booze I'll stick with it for a bit.

I left the new vap on for 20 minutes to burn off residue, and later in the day tried to use it. The guy at the store said to put it about 200, let it heat up, and after about 5 minutes put my packed chamber (just enough herb to cover the bottom screen - I don't need much!) and put it on with the whip. I start to inhale slowly, and nothing. Inhale quicker, and nothing, other than the weed jumping around in the chamber.

I cranked it up slowly and at about 230 I see I'm exhaling some vapor. After that, the pot looks a little cooked, but I don't know if its done or overdone or what.

I've watched some youtube vids, but don't really know what I'm doing. Hovering my hand an inch or two over the unit it doesn't seem very hot. Am I supposed to leave my herb on there at about 200 for a few minutes to let it heat up before a rip? If I do that, is all the goodness cooking off while I'm not using it?

Any tips are appreciated.

2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrCGoWoFC98
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3fkWF6kBRE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoO8RMvfCx4

I googled 'using arizer extreme'. A little leg work goes a long way.  

3. Well I appreciate the reply. I had seen the first 2 yesterday actually. The last one was a little painful to watch, but still some info there I guess. The thing I'm mainly wondering is if I'm supposed to leave the herb on there for a min or two before drawing? I'm not burning off all the goodness doing that am I? It just didn't seem to do much til I pushed the temp up, but not sure if it was a result of the higher temps, or just being on there longer.

4. I have a Silver Surfer Vaporizer (whip style).  I find that the first few drags are always a bit weak as the herb and surroundings (screen, "bowl", etc.) need to get warmed up a bit.  It works by heating the air, so the surrounding material will cool the air a bit at first.  If you are holding in the hits long enough (relative to the amount "burned off") you will not see vapor on exhale as everything has condensated.    As long as you are producing an effect I think you are fine for now.  You seem new to pot as you stated, so the low tolerance is working in your favor!

The effects you are feeling are most likely "newbie" feelings.  Pot is definitely different than booze lol.  As you grow more accustomed those feelings should subside.  Find some relaxing tunes or a funny movie and just get into the groove.

5. If I remember turn it on let it heat up, then put your stem in. Take a second then draw. Stir every couple hits.

6. Thanks guys, appreciated.