[Newb Help] need advice on my plant & goals please

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by AggressiveMachineElf, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Also, I'm reading ur microgrow thread to learn everything I can :) I mastered Shrooms, just need to get some experience here. I really appreciate your help also, I know that the same repetitive questions/lazy people not willing to do any research questions get really fucking old.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ya I know :(

I've pretty much said it all and I've done everything I know how to I got faith she'll pull through hopefully. I spent at least 3-4 hours getting the tent right today, and I have a 200W CFL light that I used on her at first (before I bought the 2 HTL QB's) I put that in the tent also and she has a huge carbon air filter/exhaust and A/C vented in. Well see I guess what happens

• Like Like x 1
  3. With those temps might just go outside! My room got full so I kicked some autos out in the 115 heat lol 20210803_072838.jpg 20210803_072831.jpg 20210802_121631.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. It looks like it needs watered. I don't trust those little meter things. Like I said, try lifting the side of the pot to see how heavy it is...that's the best way to gauge if it needs to be watered imo.

• Like Like x 2
  5. #26 AggressiveMachineElf, Aug 5, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    I watered it really nice w/ some nutes yesterday, today it looks kinda done. Look at the big splotching, but the newer growth towards the top looks like it's getting better. I was thinking about doing some defoliation of these leaves that look really damaged/splotching and just see what happens. 20210804_171533.jpg 20210804_171539.jpg 20210804_171549.jpg

Attached Files:

6. The light colored splotches look kinda like light burns or splashed nutes. Maybe those lights were a little too intense for them.

The darker discoloration like in the bottom of the 3rd pic(the pic with the green support pole visible), looks like P deficiency.

I think the feeding will do it good and it will pull through. I guess you could dim or raise the lights a little, but if the new growth looks good, then they might have adjusted already.

*increasing the amount of light will require the plant to use more nutes in order to process all the extra light it's receiving now. So...brighter lights can cause flash deficiencies sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Thank you very much, going to post new pics tomorrow I think she's recovering :) I also defoliated her a bit

• Like Like x 1
  8. So I've just been winging it and doing my best, I put my real light I have (120W Flourowing) in the middle of the 2 fake lights from HLG hoping maybe this setup will work, did a little more training, gave the plant a good flushing with high pH water to hopefully get the soil pH where it needed to be being that it was around 4 and got it back in the tent. I did some defoliation, and the new growth is looking pretty good. I'm going to be moving her to a smaller tent to keep her alone in to start new plants in my big tent where she currently is tomorrow. I have high hopes shes gunna make it, will keep posting updates.

Oh, I'm also going to put a net in her new tent and try to get the canopy better, hopefully that'll workout nicely for me somehow :D

20210807_002617.jpg 20210807_002628.jpg updates.

9. I'm happy to be able to provide a positive update :)

-moved the plant from a 48x48x80 to a 24x48x60
    -gave it a trellis net and did my best to scrog it.
    -got 2 fans and put one on top / bottom
    -added more soil because the soil compacted/was showing roots.

I've kept my water between 6-6.2 pH and around 600 ppm. Humidity has been between 60-70. Temperature has been 70F-75F

How does she look bongsauce?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. heck yeh looking better. Keep retraining into the screen as they get tall. I'd try to fill that whole screen before 12/12.

11. Thanks :D

12. Hey Bongsauce, will you take a look at these pictures and help me identify what's causing this foliar damage. I've ran through a bunch of the diagnosis charts and I'm just unsure.

I'm giving nutes every other water and watering about every 30 hours (when the soil feels dry 1 inch fingered)

1L of water 600-700 ppm with ~6pH is what I'm doing currently with GH flora/micro/bloom + calmag.
    Light source is Solar Extreme 250 by CL

My current goal is to try to get this plant healthy to drop it into flower after it fills out the net a little bit more so I can start wrapping this up and start a new project with what I've learned from this one.

Attached Files:

13. umm hmm. I honestly don't do too much soil stuff. Someone else might have better advice. I'd guess maybe yer PH is a bit too low for soil. Looks kinda like Ca/Mg lockout from PH. Red stems and lighter colored leaves are a sign of that.

Have you increased nutes since you increased your lights?

14. Hey, not sure what's causing your issue but you water too much, cannabis profers to dry out, it should almost feel like the pots empty or wait for them to show signs, I water every week if that in veg, flower can need more but every day and half is excessive or you have way too much drainage!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Quick look at photos, I would guess your struggling to identify as it's showing a few different excess nutes

16. Watering too much, see post #36

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Ok cool, i'll check out this out

18. Ok, thank you for taking the time, I'm going to go look at the post that this gentleman below (#36) recommended. Can you give me some kind of ballpark to go off of?

For reference, this is planted in a 10 gallon soft pot, planted in FFOF soil, Solar Extreme 250 light with 24x48x60 tent. Until I can dial it in via experience and education, where would you start for a watering/nute schedule?

EDIT: The only nutes I have are GH Flora series & CalMag.