New Zogby poll: majority of Americans (52%) now in favor of legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by zoolander, May 7, 2009.

1. Does anyone know about the percentage of supporters in each particular state? I think it might eventually come down to a decision by each state if/once legal federally...and I live in Mississippi :(

2. this is great fucking news!! We just saw what happened to Arnold Schwarzenegger's opinion once he realized the majority of his voters approve legalization, now hopefully Obama will be aware of this and change his views. I really thought it was going to take a few years to reach a majority but i guess i was wrong.

Once again amazing news.

3. If marijuana isn't legalized in the US within the next 4 years I don't think it ever will be.

This bowl I'm about to smoke is dedicated to the hope that we see some real change. Cheers guys :D:smoke:

4. its more like 57% would be in favor because it said 11% were undecided so about half would go either way. So this is great news!!!

5. Great news. It's disgusting how politicians continually shoot down the idea when a majority of the people they represent are for the idea. If 50%+ people support and idea, it needs to move forward. That's how a democracy should work anyways.

6. One reason why it will continue to be illegal is that the government is going to have to publicly state that they were wrong the entire time.

7. Well I live in mississippi as well and I have hope, because remember Mississippi is one of the 13(i think that is the right number) states who have decriminalized. Also at ole miss is a freaking marijuana farm!:D

8. Ah yes, true. I forget...I take the 30 grams for granted at times...I'm just so passionate about complete legalization.

9. Well they better admit it.

10. This has to be the tipping point, we are going to get more MSM coverage and politicians are going to have to start talking about it.

For something to be illegal there needs to be a reason, at the very least we need to hear their reason and decide if it's legitimate.

We have climbed the mountain, now we get to slide down. :hello:

11. Obama doesnt seem to have a hard time with that, see guantanamo.

12. Lol I like this, but now we have to get to the summit which I think will prove to be the hardest part (passing actual legislation)

13. I'm curious to, as I live in Kentucky and I really see it never happening here. I'm pretty close to Missouri and Illinois though (actually work a second job in Illinois) so it would be easy to get should those two states ever legalize.

14. this is great news, i'll smoke to this, the public is being convinced quickly. I think norml's supermajority estimate of 2022 may be a little exaggerated. zogby poll went up a whole 8% since the last time they asked. It's time to legalize.

15. #16 Set_it_off, May 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2009
    Nice! Shit needs to happen now!! Even though I'm on a different continent than the US im people will notice and rethink it around the world. :hello:

Also I am actually quite surprised any African countries dont have it legalized most of them are so fucking corrupt and just plain stupid they wont care its just more $$$$ they cant put in there pockets.

16. Absolutly correct

17. The first reason that the government claimed to make it illegal "It was making blacks and mexicans violent"

second reason, "It was making people pacifists"

contradictory in itself.

18. Didn't they apologized for slavery a couple years ago? We just have to wait 150 years and Marijuana will be legal.:smoke::smoke::smoke: