New york.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by ChrisJeebert, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Just wondering if anybody knows anything else on recreational use in new York state??

2. Not legal for recreational. I can't speak for the state as a whole, but in the city it is decriminalized. If you get caught with less than an ounce for your first offense, it's just a ticket - not a formal charge. I vape around the city all the time. Most cops probably don't care, they're more occupied with actual crime in the city.

Medical is available but seemingly impossible to get unless you have a debilitating condition.

As long as you're discreet, it's fine.

3. I know I tried to get medical but its like finding a needle in about 500 haystacks

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

4. Honestly you'd have better luck driving up to Boston to get recreational goodies once they get that fully working and available.

5. I think they open dispensaries in 2018 right?

6. Well there's a bill in office as of.... like 5 days ago, to push to make Cannabis Federally legal ON TOP OF a bill will be pushed threw NYS at the beginning of 2018. So in all reality, mid to late 2018 NY will be legal.

I've been following charts, and patterns, end of 2018 is the latest I see it taking for it to be legal. Earliest will be may of next year.

If the Federal Bill that's currently in office Passes, you'll see all the states swiftly change their laws, they will lose funding if they do not.

As for your issue right now, I "Hear" buffalo is a pretty good place to look ;) js bro, hope this helped.

"It's not about what you know, but who"

7. That's where I get my shit loll. Any kind of article you can link me to for this info

8. You would think. So far in the last 3 months we gained no ground for recreational. They bumped shops opening up to mid 2017, then to January 2018, then now to June 2018. I'm pretty sure nobody has a license to open up any new shops there delayed that on people for what it seems 2 years now.

You can call about 10 places to deliver recreationally , the state is fucking up so bad. They need to open the shops quick and start getting their tax money.

Even though it's legal it's far from the legal in Cali and Denver your used to. Still we have to deal with loopholes for the next year and a half....

I see Maine starting before us, along with other states, ah well...I'm all set..

• Like Like x 1
  9. I see Boston ounces go for 400+ rec, just because this state sucks and Charlie shmaker already said if passed he would tax the shit out of it.

If recreational ounces go for 400 I'll never step in a shop in my life.

Black market will always win

10. Just smoke or vape in a private setting away from prying eyes and you'll be fine anywhere in New York.
    Yes it's decriminalized but being friendly and obviously respectful to the city or town you're in will keep the fuzz from knocking on your door.
    Hell, during the summer months I'll light a J at my fire pit. It's night time, I'm in my yard, the kids are in bed and I'm not being a douchebag waving it around.( I live in a small village) where I'm sure 90%of my neighbors are lighting up too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Im in a small town too! I wouldn't be stupid with it. I have a kid too. It just would be easier getting it from dispensaries lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. True Indeed. My Guy graduated (I was happy he graduated but now I'm weedless) and I can't find shit

• Creative Creative x 1
  13. Underground always wins