New York State set to Legalize Recreational Cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by bewiseman, Jan 16, 2019.

1. I’m several states south and admit that I only know the “TV” and pop culture version of Cuomo but I like the guy for whatever reason. I dig his brothers show as well and some shows he has done in the past. Having said all that, he is toast. As for the legal pot, I honestly think the leaders there in NY have no choice at this point, with or without the gov. The people, and the people with money to invest in politics and legal weed, all want this and aren’t going to continue losing money to Mass and NJ.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yeah, the Cuomo brothers are completely different in real life. MedMen enterprises is one of Cuomo's banking buddies, they are STRONGLY against allowing home growing for our state. They claim it will be impossible to regulate and enforce home growing even though it has been happening in other states for years. They alone convinced Cuomo not to include it in his bill. It's all about profit and has nothing to do with racial or economical based injustices caused by marijuana legality here in the politically corrupt state of NY. Legalizing high cost and taxed marijuana in NY state will keep the black market thriving. This will lead to the same folks continually filling our courthouses and prisons as they will not be able to afford Cuomo's rich man's marijuana. No real benefit for the underclasses.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Yea, letting those big companies have a say in home growing is bullshit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. The prize is dangling, we are “close”. Like I said before, I like Gov Cuomo but this is a bit crazy. Let’s hope he pushes this legal move, hell, what’s to lose?

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. I always say hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Fingers crossed for a fair bill with home growing for everyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. #106 garrison68, Mar 16, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    It will take a year for them to work out all the details, even if it passes. Gov. Andrew Cuomo has always been our worst enemy but he's in a ton of trouble right now, so it might get passed.

If they ever actually legalize it in NYS, I expect the commercial price of weed in New York to be $37.50 a toke.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Like I’ve said before, NY is a big influence on this country due to the media attention, it’s size, and the big entertainment industry. Hopefully, this crazy idea of legal pot will become even more mainstream.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. " The New York State Legalizes Recreational Marijuana. On March 31, 2021, New York joined 15 other states (including New Jersey) that have legalized marijuana for recreational use when Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed the New York State Marijuana Regulation and Taxation Act (MRTA)."

Recreational users will probably want strains of marijuana with higher levels of THC that have mood-altering effects, Medical marijuana patients are more likely to want strains with lower levels of THC for therapeutic purposes. People in New York must be certified by doctors, nurse practitioners, or physicians assistants to get medical marijuana.

• Like Like x 1