New York State set to Legalize Recreational Cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by bewiseman, Jan 16, 2019.

1. @dobro49, I just keep thinking of those guys at the Boston tea party throwing bales of tea overboard. All because of a tax. Little did they realize how corrupt their new and improved government would become. A very sad world we live in indeed. You are correct.. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Do we toss our grows in the river this year? Like hell, too much effort. The thing is, I guess I’m lib enough to say the dirty “tax” word. If that’s what the deal is, I’m not afraid of a tax or fee. I’ll gladly pay just to be on the up, just like a car tax. It’s just the whole jail thing. Hell, our county jail is in my neighborhood and I’m still not interested in going.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. We dont pay tax on home grown vegys! And nobody goes to jail anymore! lol! oh wait, are you a poc? The way i see it, the least the govt knows the better.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I'm sure taxing our vegetable gardens will become reality soon enough @Green Dragging. Sooner or later when they run out of things to tax us on it will happen or become the newest addition of prohibition.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yikes ,that would suck,I should keep my mouth shut. I don't think ny will ever let us grow our own, it's just about the money and the the lady's for the love gov! Haha! The only thing handy andy's got is good taste in women, their good looking lady's.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yeah, he's got good taste in women. But, they want nothing to do with him. As dobro49 mentioned... I'd be willing to pay yet another tax for my right to grow my own. We can only hope things go our way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ok, a penny a gram I think is fair.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. I pay taxes on the land that my garden is on but I get your point.

I wish I could agree @Green Dragging but I try to keep up and they are still popping all things weed here in the south. And refer to it as “getting poison off the streets” so it’s still 1985 in some places.

• Like Like x 2
  10. I like the way you think Green Dragging. Or maybe base grow permits on a sliding scale based upon your income.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I’d be good with adding it to my property tax or like my scrap metal permit where I just went to the courthouse and filled out a paper to buy the permit. Either way, I’d love to pay them up front to be left alone.

Considering all the corruption that has went on in my area, I may still be able to pay a “fee” to be left alone.:smiley-rolling-joint:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I'm sure I'll be the first permit?/legal grow? 5 0 checks out if we ever see it legal here in NY. If not, it will remain a game of cat and mouse for all NY state growers.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sorry bout that, I thought the south was cool about it. Are they the same about moonshine? I got a wedding coming up in NC. I'd love to get some moonshine for extracting.;)

• Like Like x 2
  14. The smaller rural areas still bust bootleggers too. Still a lot of places don’t sell beer on Sunday. There’s shine all over anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Permits suck! Lol, do you have folks living close to you? I guess a little tax to be left alone is nice, I love privacy. Where do you live? I've been all over the south, I really liked it , everyone was very polite. This was 3 decades ago , I'm sure it's changed some:biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Squeak squeak! Hahaha!

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. I’m in the red state hell of SC. There are some good people and some not so good people. I dont have really close neighbors, kind of spread out in the woods. I don’t have to sweat plants being seen or anything.

• Like Like x 2
  18. The Gov has dug this hole way too deep and should call it a day. This scandal is doing nothing but costing the legal weed movement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Yeah,I agree, we' re on our own, but at least we get to look at all those funny faces cuomo makes! Lol !

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Cuomo is the teflon don. Charged with many different crimes and they never stick. Just like John Gotti, many crimes never stuck. Cuomo was even against medical marijuana from the very beginning of his political career. He claimed it is a gateway drug. He also made the repeated statement recreational marijuana will never be legal in NY state as long as he is governor. Then to be re-elected he lied and enough dummies believed him and he was elected only to keep it illegal as he always stated he would. These accusations are just another ploy in his stand against fair recreational legalization for NY state. Keep electing people like this that have a tremendous impact on the entire countries legalization process and we will remain in the dark ages.When and if NY state legalizes recreational marijuana we will see a rapid change in the rest of the remaining states. Then federal rescheduling changes and possible some form of federal decriminalization.We will NEVER have real freedom like we do with growing tomatoes. To many greedy politicians and people willing to purchase the rights we had stripped away at birth by our masters in government.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1