New York Senate Passes Bill; Felony To annoy Police Officers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lilro, Jun 6, 2013.

1. #1 lilro, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
    http://www.nysenate.gov/press-release/senate-passes-bill-making-harassment-police-officer-crime

Keep rejecting those voices crying tyranny...

2. Wow New York is becoming the biggest police state ever. You have to jump through hoops to have a handgun and can't even have a big fucking soda and now this. Makes me glad I live in PA. Where I can strap a gun on my hip without any license and the police can't do anything about it. 

3. I don't know why they need a bill to do that, they should just give the cops back their right to use the nightstick if people are out of line when the cops are attempting to do their duty.  

4. Comply citizen!

5. Can they charge you if you just remain silent?

6. The way things are going it seems like it

So basically what theyre saying is if you don't listen to the police its now a felony? Yup I'm moving haha

7. Glad I don't live there.

8. If they want the public to respect the police, the police should act lawfully. A sheriff near me stomped the fuck out of a bank robber for no reason. He lost his position and is serving a year... The whole thing was on a dash cam too and the suspect (well victim) was not resisting, just laying on the ground already cuffed.
    They should have just said, "all drugs decriminalized". Then over time people would love cops as long as they aren't getting traffic violations.

9. I'm glad i live on the West Coast. First, stop and frisk if they only look suspicious. Now this. NY police are fucked up.

10. I am so fucking happy that when I was offered to move out to NY all moving expesnes paid and $1000 just for moving there I said no. The Commies Republic of CA isn't much better but atleast we have better weather, MMJ and large sodas.

11. Holy shit.

And people are still defending the government...

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. okay okay... I DO consider myself a centrist-statist... and I am pretty much the go-to statist around here, but this is even too much for me. Without analyzing any sort of real life, qualitative context, the law sounds disgusting. It sounds disgusting because I'm pretty sure that there were already laws regarding assaulting or harassing or prohibiting the ability of a cop to do his/her job. It seems this law opened us up to a more authoritarian society.

What I'm amazed at is, before this law cops usually knew how to arrest you in whatever way possible anyway, so why does this law have to be introduced? Does it mean cops are loosing power? Becoming in fear for their jobs?

Or is it the opposite and this law just makes it way easier for cops to subjugate people?

13. #14 JohnnyWeedSeed, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
     Yeah, let's just open the door wider for rampant police brutality. Officer- "He was interfering with my work, I had not choice but to beat him to within an inch of his life with a nightstick." Police investigator- "ok, sounds legit to me, carry on."

You can NEVER trust a cop to decide when a citizen is "out of line". They ALWAYS abuse their power every chance they get, no exceptions.

14. The new feudalism we are all serfs, cops are knights the bankers and politicians and judges are our Lords. 

15. #16 garrison68, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013
    That is a VERY broad statement, that the police "ALWAYS" are abusive to citizens if they can get away with it.  

And, once again, for the record, this new law is useless.  It was written by upstate legislators, not from NYC.  NYC is a whole different environment than cities in the upstate regions.     

16. That is a VERY broad statement, that the police "ALWAYS" are abusive to citizens if they can get away with it.

And, once again, for the record, this new law is useless.

</blockquote>
    Its mostly true. Especially if the suspect is a minority or not well educated

17. #18 garrison68, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013
    Where is this happening, in NYC or another part of NYS?  Are the minority cops, in NYC, guilty of this rampant violence against minorities, or do they look the other way when the white cops do it?  Where are you getting your information?      

If you search for it you'll find it. That's the sad part.

Unless you're purposely being ignorant about rampant corruption.

19. Where is this happening, in NYC or another part of NYS? Are the minority cops, in NYC, guilty of this rampant violence against minorities, or do they look the other way when the white cops do it? Where are you getting your information?

</blockquote>
    seriously?

Did you miss the rampant viral videos of police brutality?

Did you miss the OWS event?

Have you ever been to new York?

Have you not seen what happened during both hurricanes AND the Boston massacre?

Seriously. Take a stroll over to the anti cop thread and educate yourself a bit