New York outdoor grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Royal Kush, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Hey guys,
    So I'm tired of buying bud and I can't grow inside, so a few buddies and I decided we should grow in the woods near his house. I've read up about growing and I have a basic understanding of what I'm doing but I've still got a few questions and would like some opinions on my plans.

So I've been collecting seed for a bit I've got some good ones. I've got 3 different dank strains that had a seed in them (purple haze, banana kush, no name) and 10 seeds from high mids, and I'll probably get a few more. I'm gonna germinate them in a week and plant them in gardening soil after they sprout. I'll leave them outside near my place untill they're too big for the cups and ill plant them in the woods. I'll dig my own holes and bring some good soil. Should I add nutrients or use any grow method? How often should i check up on them?would once or twice a week during vegitative be fine? I would like for them to grow but if they don't its no big deal. I'm gonna invest like 40$ and well see what happens.

2. How far from albs? I'm in Ny also

3. [quote name='"ThEbLuEMaGoO"']How far from albs? I'm in Ny also[/quote]

Like 5 miles, near Rensselaer

4. #4 ruh roh, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2012
    Plant them at your house, if you can. Get a dixie cup and get some seed starting soil and plant them in there untill the develop a get root system. You don't want to put a bran new seedling in the ground like that, easy to get stepped on, ate by insects, and not sturdy enough for some inclement weather. And then when they get good roots going on then you should plant them in your 'spot'.

5. I'm about 25 minutes away by catskill

6. [quote name='"ThEbLuEMaGoO"']I'm about 25 minutes away by catskill[/quote]

That's cool, if you don't mind me asking, how much so you pay for bud?

7. 50 an eighth of whatever dank comes up from the city. You?

8. [quote name='"ThEbLuEMaGoO"']50 an eighth of whatever dank comes up from the city. You?[/quote]

About the same, sometimes more and sometimes less. I've payed as low as 40 but I also payed 75 before. You grow?

9. Damn straight I grow, practically live on the outdoor growing section of GC lol. And yeah lately its gone up to 60 an eighth but Im taking a T-break till harvest anyway cause of drug testing during job interviews.

10. [quote name='"ThEbLuEMaGoO"']
    Damn straight I grow, practically live on the outdoor growing section of GC lol. And yeah lately its gone up to 60 an eighth but Im taking a T-break till harvest anyway cause of drug testing during job interviews.[/quote]

I wanna grow so bad, how many plants do you have going. Any tips for me.

11. Are you gna fence off ur area? And what else will u plan to kill the smell rosemary or something else?

12. Right now I have 4 second leaf set seedlings of unknown bagseed. Growing is honestly the most fun I've ever had with cannabis, to see your girls covered in trichs in the late afternoon sun in august is just beautiful. Your gunna wanna just stick your seeds in some nice, rich, airy soil in about a month if you can't start 'em indoors.

13. I'm not gonna fence anything off or cover the smell I found a nice spot thats surrounded by trees and bushes.

What time should I sprout them and plant them?

14. I started mine already but I have them under CFL's. If you can't grow inside though I'd wait till the end of next month and just start them right in pots outside.

15. [quote name='"ThEbLuEMaGoO"']I started mine already but I have them under CFL's. If you can't grow inside though I'd wait till the end of next month and just start them right in pots outside.[/quote]

How long should i leave the little sproutlings in their own containers before I transplant them outside?

16. How close to you keep your CFL's to your plants?

17. bro gonna be a beautiful ny season!! super sunny
    waiitng for my bean order to come in

18. [quote name='"denieddd"']bro gonna be a beautiful ny season!! super sunny
    waiitng for my bean order to come in[/quote]

Good luck to you man, have you grown before? What were the yields you saw?

19. This is my setup, very simple, very easy. It's just two CFL's on top of a piano lol. As soon as the weather permits these babies are goin out and up into trees for maximum protection against....well everything.

Attached Files: