New York, New York!

Discussion in 'General' started by grandmastersmit, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Soo I'm flying across the entire country in two months and I'm going to get to explore good ol' New York city :yay:

Farthest I've ever been is Texas so this is going to be a pretty big trip.

Going with my family and gonna to stay for a total of 5 days I'm pretty sure, what things should I check out while up there?

I mainly want to go sight seeing, not sure entirely how much extra spending cash I'm going to have up there so suggestions of cheap/ free things would be best lol.

Any locals have any tips for things to go see, things to do, things to not do and all that good stuff? I'm super fuckin stoked to get out of my hillbilly town and see the world :D

Oh and also, what're peoples thoughts on bringing bud on a plane? How risky is it if you say triple wrap it then stuff it in a teddy bear for example? haha

I've been an avid smoker the past couple years so falling asleep is going to be a bitch along with eating decent amounts of food so I wanna bring some with but not sure what the risks are. I sure as hell don't wanna be paying $50 for a half 8 of dank over there too lol. If worst comes to worst I'll just pack along a couple bottles of nyquil I suppose haha, I'm sure being in such a new environment, weed will be the last thing on my mind.

Thanks for any suggestions :smoke:

2. Yeah, don't bring any illegal substance even into an airport. I was just like to ask, if you are thinking abhout doing that, are you out of your mind?

3. go to a Chinese restaurant called new green bow and get soup dumplings best soup dumplings ever, if you do this go to the china town ice cream factory ..sorry im hungry right now lol!
    go to any of the great museums, moma,the met, museum of natural history
    idk so much to see and do!
    best pizza though imo, is the original patsy's up in harlem

4. Yeah I've only been on an airliner once before and so I wasn't exactly sure how strict things are. Thanks for the blatant heads up though lol

And yes museums would be awesome! I didn't even think of that thanks for the suggestion haha. Are tourists allowed to go atop of say the Empire state building to get a birds eye view of the city? That would definitely be killer

Oh and I definitely wanna try their famous pizzas joints, sucks I won't be able to bring any bud along to enhance the experience of delicious food though lol

5. If you want to smoke on your trip, you may have to purchase weed when you get there. Definitely don't bring it to the airport, a better plan would be to mail yourself some and pick it up there.

6. [quote name='"grandmastersmit"']Yeah I've only been on an airliner once before and so I wasn't exactly sure how strict things are. Thanks for the blatant heads up though lol

And yes museums would be awesome! I didn't even think of that thanks for the suggestion haha. Are tourists allowed to go atop of say the Empire state building to get a birds eye view of the city? That would definitely be killer

Oh and I definitely wanna try their famous pizzas joints, sucks I won't be able to bring any bud along to enhance the experience of delicious food though lol[/quote]

Yes you can go on the empire state building there is an observation howver I think "top of the roc" is cooler because you can see most of the city, and you can see the empire state build. That's at rockefeller center. They have nbc stuff there too

7. Bag that shit up and stuff it in a jar of peanut butter.

8. Museum of Natural History was dank, Central park is fun to explore. Times Square was pretty cool and the xmas tree at Rockafeller Center was massive. NYC is just so awesome. :D

9. SHHHHHHHHH,

You gotta keep that shit on the down low.
    I dont want tourists knowing about the best ice cream in the world.

10. Dogs can smell multiple layers of substances in the air, and they have them at airports in NY. Bringing bud is a bad idea.

11. When I fly state-state I never see dogs. That doesn't mean its a good idea to being drugs into and airport. I don't even know if I would bring edibles, but if I was going to travel with anything it would be Edibles.

I did just return from Jamacia mon' and in the US they had dogs for int. flights. I didn't even have anything on me and it freaked me out. Fucking dog is business man.

In the city so much to do! Shake Shack for sure for solid ass burgers, old school deli sandwiches, the best pizza from Neapolitan to Sicilian in the bronx. Top of the Rock is cool, if you can, visit ground zero, i'm sure that would be nice to do ya know?