New York, Legalize Marijuana?? New York Post.

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by dirty old man, Aug 16, 2013.

1. John Liu, city controller has suggested to legalize marijuana, reported by New York Post, August 15,2013 issue. Purpose, to tax.  Real long shot, he showed high time prices for last 3 months in New York.  Who knows, it's a start for the East coast, and who else to get the ball rolling, New York City. I know it won't happen,,,, now, but he threw the thought to other members of the city board. Times are changing, for the better.  Slowly, but it's changing.   Soon the Fed's will realize, well maybe not that soon, but they need to let states to decide. I myself am on disability, and until fed's recognize medical marijuana, I have no choice to wait.  I cannot lose my disability benefits,over this issue, which could happen. So till then, long shot, New York City, John Liu, keep it up, bring it up.  New Yorkers, help him, Long shots do Score!!!

2. Well, if money talks, these numbers should generate a lot chatter around the Big Apple. :ey:

http://blog.norml.org/2013/08/15/new-york-city-comprollers-office-legalizing-marijuana-in-nyc-would-yield-431-million-annually-in-savings-and-revenue/

3. Greed of a few created cannabis prohibition and greed of the money will end it. Alcohol prohibition ended the same way we are ending this prohibition,,and if memory serves me correctly NY City ended prohibition of alcohol a year and 1/2 before the state followed.

4. NYC has one big obstacle standing in the way of legalization. Billionaire one-percenter Mayor Bloomberg.  I'm still confused as to how such a liberal city could vote this man into office.  The same man that wanted to ban soda drinks over 16 ounces.  The same man that thinks the stop and frisk policy is a GOOD thing.  

The same city that sanctioned MMA bouts are still illegal in.