New York Governor Andrew Cuomo To Legalize Marijuana "Within Months"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Green Wizard, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Tough to find some good news these days. For all his faults, he's right on this issue at least. I predicted federal legalization by 2020. Two of the biggest states going legal? Nevermind all the fake news, this is GOOD NEWS!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. #2 kush70, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    I don’t see federal doing shit any time soon. Even if all 50 legalize I still think they’ll be pricks about it...however all in all for NY It is good news. Adults should be able to choose.
    the ability to grow legal is one thing but fuck the rest ...too stupidly expensive

I believe on the norml website they’re talking April...
    What’ll be interesting to see is which already legal model they’re going to decide on for the limits.

3. https://hightimes.com/news/senate-could-vote-on-trump-backed-federal-cannabis-legalization-tuesday/

From High Times "The United States Senate could vote to legalize cannabis at the federal level on Tuesday if Republican Sen. Cory Gardner of Colorado can successfully amend a prison reform bill now under consideration. Gardner said in a statement that he planned to attach provisions of the STATES Act to the First Step Act, a prison and sentencing reform bill that advanced with an 81-12 vote from senators on Monday. President Trump indicated he would support Gardner’s legalization bill when it was introduced in the Senate in June."

4. im so waiting for it to be legalized,,,,,,its about time we evolve into the 20'th century...it's just a shame seeing all these other groups getting thier laws passed for them... yet the pot community. for the past 50 years has just had a dream,,,shit.. growing weed is the only law i really break... other than that im a law biding citizen... that holds the door open for women.

• Like Like x 1
  5. NY is so broke they need the money. Keep spending more while we lose population yearly. It isn’t the ones NOT paying taxes that are moving.

Waiting to see how bad they screw the Home grower over.

• Like Like x 1
  6. i held a door open for some lady at the mall the other day and she stared at me as if she was pissed and offended that I did such a thing to her

7. It's funny because I always said, that as long as Cuomo was in office NY will never see legalization. He had a rather quick turn around.

If NY legalizes that is really going to set in motion for other states nearby. This is rather big. That being said, I do not trust politicians for good reason. Let's hope I am wrong about him. His brother could use a joint. A BIG one..

8. If it does get legalized, the homegrower will get screwed. You will have 5-10 licenses given out to the highest bidder and forced to buy overpriced and shitty mass produced dispensary weed at crazy prices. The only reason he wants to legalize is the money. We lose 3% of our taxpayers every year. The spending is taking over the money in

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Oh I completely agree! Living in NJ now myself, Murphy is really screwing over legalization, and the the very reason you stated in your post. Come to think of it, the only thing that good came out of it, was opening up medical qualifications. But at 500 bucks an oz? Ridiculous :(

• Like Like x 1
  10. I have to say that I disagree with many things that New York is doing I do definitely agree with this move. Free the cannabis plant!!!

11. He better make it so we can grow at home and not just sell permits to the highest bidders or his cronies

12. Can't they just decriminalize it and leave us alone? Obviously they don't give a shit about our civil liberties, just the tax $$$$$$$$

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. its like, each state is different from others. each one, has its own set of laws and regulations that gives it an advantage in some things over other states, yet disadvantages with other things
    like here in texas, we have great corporate taxes, no state income tax, cost of living is low, and in general, more freedom's.
    new York has high corporate taxes, state income taxes and everything is expensive. plus yall cant shoot off fireworks and your guns.
    corporations and large companies are fleeing new York and going to other states that are more business friendly. I know texas has gotten a fortune 10 company and a bunch of other 500 companies during the last few years.
    new York is loosing its population
    so I wonder if this is just a lame attempt by cumo to give people a reason to visit or move to the empire state

• Like Like x 1
  14. They're broke and need the tax revenue..
    People will line up for $600 legal ozs in NY.
    Black market will do well too..

15. I live in the great state of NY. It’s unfortunate we are run by fools that keep pushing the tax base away. Legal cannabis is needed to fill a huge gap in spending vs taxes taken in. I just hope it’s done right.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. I’ve heard that medical patients will be allowed 4 plants, 8 per household. There may be caregiver status to pick up a few patients and add to the plant count.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. Hopefully it'll be fair to small growers and not just big canna business like in CA.
    Curious to see what sort of hoops growers will have to go through to be able to get product to market.

• Like Like x 1
  18. damm..600 a oz????I hope its some badass shit. im getting 200/oz. I couldn't even afford 600 lmao

so all hes really doing is driving up the cost of weed? and the state now gets a piece of the action

19. damm..600 a oz????I hope its some badass shit. im getting 200/oz. I couldn't even afford 600 lmao

so all hes really doing is driving up the cost of weed? and the state now gets a piece of the action

• Like Like x 1