New Xbox Console Announced.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ChronicPhonix, May 21, 2013.

1. Playstation guy here
    While xbox is good i feel microsoft is really fucking things up by going more multimedia.
    Oh look share this to FB! Skype! watch TV on your xbox! use kinect!
    None of those make me want to buy an xbox, the games do.
    I'm waiting on sony's conference on what? june 10th? I think if they focus on the GAMING, some legit exclusives and make it a GAMING console first, multimedia center or whatever after, sony could do very well with gamers, but we will have to wait and see.
    one thing all gamers can definately be upset about is this concentration on kinect and "casual" gaming and multimedia. i just want to play mah games

2. #62 BlazedPlatypus, May 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2013
    I'm getting the PS4. The Xbox One is just so disappointing and nothing cool seems to be involved. I was blown away by the PS4 unveiling though, so PS4.

3. I mean I have a 360, and I used to play it online pretty frequently. Now I am mainly using it to play games offline, whether it be a fifa match offline or whatever I just don't find the need to go online, and therefore I don't always have my xbox connected online as my wifi is pretty shitty. It is kinda shitty that the 360 needs to be online, I mean more of a hassle then a huge problem though I suppose. As long as you wouldn't be forced to pay for the XBL gold membership.

I will still be getting a PS4 in the future though. Microsoft just has put a bad taste in my mouth with xbox 360 as far as how many times I had to replace the damn thing and going through customer support there was a nightmare. I have always loved my ps2 and play my roommate's ps3 every once innawhile.

The used game is bullshit. If I want to share a game or whatever I shouldn't have to be charged. If microsoft really wants a cut of that profit I am sure they could go about it a different way. Plus I'm sure the developers of the games are the ones really losing out on that, and to that extent I can understand that something was going to be done about the used game market but I was more expecting a online code for games kind of the way I think ea sports did on a few games that you had to put the code in to play the game online, and that was only good for one console. Annoying, but I can at least understand that type of move.

4. dunno if this has been posted yet but i loled http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw&feature=youtu.be

5. Nice, a new paperweight.

6. Posted it on the previous page, haha.

7. damn....well ya win another bong rip :bongin:

8. How is someone going to post the same video a page later? Never ceases to amaze me.  It was so obvious to.  People don't even bother looking through 3 pages and just go ahead and post the video.  SMDH

Anyway, that vid basically sums it up.

9. @[member="Wiseguys"] it never ceases to amaze me how people bitch about the little things

10. I cant wait, this shit looks dope

11. #71 mikeKOOLiN, May 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2013
    I don't know about it guys. I used to be a PS3 guy then I switched to 360 and now I might switch back to PS4. I haven't read any comments above so correct me if I'm wrong but I heard there won't be any backwards capability and you have to pay a few to play used games.. Sounds kinda cheesy to me.  

But it does look hella sick tho.. And it comes with a kinect. KUSSSSH

CEASE!! yall are amazing me

13. @[member="Sciapodus"] First of all, the PS3 beat the 360 in almost every single aspect when it came to hardware. The only advantage the 360 had was in online gaming, and it wasn't too much of a difference as I own both and played a lot of 360. Value wise there is no competition for the PS3, with almost no malfunctioning such as the RROD and the Blu-ray player, free online, etc. Another thing I have noticed is that Sonys exlusives have greatly improved over time, and will only continue to do so. Microsoft exclusives have stayed the same, just piggybacking their entire system on old series like Halo & Gears. 

Now Xbox comes out with the One, with nothing special in regards to the controller besides really the rumble feature. The controller is the same, unlike Sonys which will have a share feature for all games, speakers and a touchpad. They are also adding tonnes of unnecessary costs related to owning the console, which is why they have gotten so much flack. Unless Sony really fucks up, they are going to retake the console throne. 

14. I agree all the Xbox one is to me is a dvr cable box that can play games. Cool concept but not for me.

15. ugh Sony was only hacked once majorley.xbox has been hacked as well look it up. xbl is no safer than psn.

16. I used to be a huge xbox fanboy, I used to hate sony and the playstation without even taking the time to examine the console. I just blindly hated it because it wasn't an xbox. I thought that microsoft could do no wrong when it came to their consoles and was happy to pay the 50-60$ a year for xbl. I've been reading all the speculations and rumours about the 720 and thought for sure that was going to be the console i picked up.

Then the big reveal happened, at first I thought it was cool but then I started doing more research and found out that games can only be used on one console. Not only that but you have to pay a fee to play used games, which all admit is probably about 80% of my gaming library because unless it's a game i really want, I cant justify spending 60-70$ on a game I may not like. Than i found out that you have to be connected to the internet at least once a day to play games, which isn't a huge deal to me because I usually always have an internet connection, but i can see why this would be a big deal to other people. I wonder how many people will buy this console and not realize it needs an internet connection to play ANY game. As with many other people, I assume i'm not comfortable with a camera always being on and pointed at me, so this is another huge flaw to me.  Plus for a gaming console the actual games seem to be a very low priority this time, I used to love all the microsoft exclusives but so far besides the last 2 halo games theres nothing thats really caught my attention.

so for the first time since the first xbox came out, I think im going to have to switch sides, so far from what i've seen and read the ps4 is focused more on gaming, with the social media aspect being more of a side feature. The excusives that have been announced so far are better and more original than anything that's come out on the xbox in some time, and just like with the 360 i'm assuming the xbox one will have plenty of problems for the first year, whereas from what i've heard the ps3 has always been relatively problem free aside from a few unlucky people

17. Ha! I can. Im just going to grab the PS4, the Xbox One isnt for me. 

18. #78 Frösty, May 24, 2013
  19. #79 YoseBCmiteBudz, May 24, 2013
    The link wouldn't work for me :(

Edit: jk, when I click on the quoted link it works, must be a problem with the new app

20. That's interesting, I'm suprised so many people think its gonna be a failure. Here's hoping Microsoft learns from their mistakes