New with soil Plz help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Planted, Feb 18, 2009.

1. hi , this is my 1st time working with soil , ive heard of some soil mixes nute burning plants.My other problem is that for the time being im pretty much limited to home depot supplies and there are no local gardening stores in my area.My main question is , as a newb limited to home depot stuff what would be a good choice of soil or something i can mix myself and what nutes should i use.

Any help is greatly apreciated. ty gc

2. High there, try to get soil with the least nutes and not soil that will feed your plants for months. I have grown in some awful soil in the past even MG and never had a problem apart from having to wait ages to feed my girls and having to give them weaker feeds. Alos drainage can be crappy in some soil so its best to avoid.

Why not try a peat moss and perlite mix as they should be easy to get hold of and do not have the above problems.

Good luck

3. Peat moss and perlite , sounds like a plan , and ya ive heard some bad things about MG soils but i was wondering if the MG liquid plant nutes are just as bad

4. I have just changed over to peat moss, perlite and vermiculite myself a few days ago. I have never used MG nutes as Im no MG fan. I use Bio-bizz nutes for soil grows and Im very happy with them.