New White House Petition

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Sweeper, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Didn't they JUST address another one of these? Like at the same time they addressed the Deathstar petition?

Basically they said the same shit they always do, which amounts to....

"We know you want cannabis legalized, but we're the government, we have our own agenda scientists looking into it, (well, they're not actually scientists but law enforcement professionals that would stand to lose money if it were legalized) and we know better than you so fuck you."

Still signed though.

2. Signing petitions, and creating hype isnt the problem. Government is the problem. Thats what we need to be working on.
    Should we really have to beg for permission to grow god made plants?

3. Created an Account and Signed :)

4. ItS SO EXCITING TO WATCH THE NUMBERS GO UP AFTER A 5 MINUTE REFRESH XD

but it looks like we got a LONGGGGG way to go...

5. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

(cough)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

(choke)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Since when, in the entire fucking history of government (any government for that matter), has this statement ever rang true?

Sorry, I do want to be positive, but this is truly a pipe dream. Besides, government's "back" is being scratched right now by a few hundred billion dollars in revenue every year from the various institutions currently employing hundreds of lobbyists to protect their revenue.

Big Pharma. Alcohol. Tobacco. That's a tough lobbyist nut to crack.

Don't mean to sound pessimistic here in light of all the progress we have made, but I don't see Federal support happening.

Ever.

No matter what We the People say.

6. THIS!! Petitioning will NEVER solve this problem. It'll keep it in their ears, with is a good thing. But they will NEVER... NEVER EVER think, 'hey lot's of people want this legal, let's do that'. They'll just attribute it to the blind masses and ignore it. I'm sorry, but I can say with absolute certainty that the petition will not change anything. Still signed for the hell of it though.

7. still need more people to sign the petition!

8. 15,708 at last check - still going strong but we need more

Keep spreading the word!

9. Well can't wait for the same bs reply. Folks we need to change it on the state level first. The more mmj states there are . The better chance of the govt to listen. Where up to what 18-20 states so far? Get 26-30 mmj states, and the govt.doesn't have a dam leg to stand on. Besides there more out to get your guns now. Mmj is not on there radar or minds. Power on the state level sends more of a huge message then 1,000,000 people sign a website...

10. COme on people, more need to sign!

11. #54 legalizetheganj, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2013
    http://wh.gov/yPaQ Please sign this petition and Share it! It takes 5 seconds. Help improve marijuana policy. We need Your Help! State legalized marijuana means absolutely nothing to the Federal Government. In case anybody would like to know this is the woman referenced in the petition she is currently Head of the DEA! If the frame of the video below looks weird and glitchy, it does that for me too. so here is the same youtube link but broken in half so it doesn't automatically upload in video form. https://www.youtube.co m/watch?v=HrHecD8JhfY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrHecD8JhfY

I've just started this petition today and it must reach 150 signatures before it becomes "searchable" on the white house website. In Other words I(or you good folks) have to personally copy and paste this link for anybody who wants to sign It, until the 150 threshold
    is satisfied. For those who would be reluctant to sign it bc of employer/under educated nosey acquaintance's in their life. I should also add here that signing it is practically anonymous since only your first and last initial will show to the public. Please share it with your friends/aunts/parents who you non nonchalantly call your "roomates". The point is if they have a pulse there already better qualified than Michele Leonhart is. Use Twitter,Facebook, your call. It is pretty quick and requires nothing more than creating a white house petition account which is just Name,E-Mail Address, and zipcode(optional) so like one minute. upon searching to the link there should be some kind of prompt to create your account.That's It! Thank You in advance!

12. But dude...

It's Obama!

he's different than all the other politicians.. don't you listen to his speeches?
    and didn't he say he wouldn't allow lobbyists during his administration?

13. lol that'll be the day

14. 19,984.. just under 20k

Do your bit, and sign

15. [quote name='"Mozambiqua"']19,984.. just under 20k

Do your bit, and sign[/quote]

Too bad you need 80k

16. 'New online strategy lead by DEA results extremely succesful leading to thouands of busts and arrest related to marijuana charges'

17. well since I don't have any knowledge of activism, what better way than help out while sitting on my ass.