Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

new weed that i got is really harsh

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Deleted member 979069, Oct 26, 2017.

1. by the time im almost finished the joint my throats burning. great high but any reason for this?

2. Smoke is hot

• Like Like x 1
  3. it didnt happen in my previous bag , but this weed the joints are harsh

4. That's why I bought a vape.

• Like Like x 1
  5. could be a couple of things there my man. it could be the cure, or that they didn't/couldn't flush. as well as general moistness.

some times when I roll a joint I put a drop or two of water on the end and suck it in. wait about 10 mins or more and the shit is moist and rather perfect

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. is the bud juicy or dry?
    is it leafy? does it smell good and like normal bud?

• Like Like x 1
  7. its the same bud in my avatar. its regular dry not sure, gets me high good, theres not really a smell to it, but it tastes decent but pretty harsh on the throat

8. plant smelling bud usually is harsh.
    its also possible that its so dank that its harsh.

maybe put a drop of a water on your finger and swirl it around your container.
    only a drop though, or less. couldnt hurt.

9. I usually always roll joints or im vaping. Sometimes when i get some new shit its either harsh or not harsh. If it is i always keep some ice cold water by my side and after every hit take a sip or when needed then im all good

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Either bad growing or bad drying/curing most likely.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. im guessing since i doesnt really smell, that it was lamp dried. i bought a quarter of it for $41 canadian from dispensary

12. like maybe thats why theres not much of a smell to it, it was dried another way

13. Who lamp dries weed though??

14. just a guess lol, well im sure they fked something up, either curing, drying etc

15. the longer the better. its like slow cooking.
    everything about bud like like slow cooking.

i also use water. and to make a hit less harsh, breathe it in past your esophagus. hurts less.

16. No telling, there is a million different ways to screw up the process, many from some variation of quick drying. Ultimately they all lead to low quality product. Harshness can also come from a bad grower who doesn't know how to properly feed.

17. what are some common quick drying techniques that could mess it up? honestly my throat sore today from last nights harsh joint. not diggin that

18. the taste changes too by the time the joint is almost done, it tastes really strong and even harsher. upto half way its not bad

19. hot smoke is not going to be comfortable no matter what
    I smoked weed for 13 years then switched to vaping the last 3+ years, never looked back

Invest in a quality portable vaporizer and ditch combustion altogether