new wayne cd

Discussion in 'General' started by jvanzwol, Oct 3, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

just got leaked. anyone who is a lil wayne fan should check it. its the Got What You Need 3 mixtape. i was pretty impressed by it.
    you can download it at
    http://www.down-south.com/content/view/2592/85/

i also just registered today and this is my first post... so hello everybody!

2. Music forum?

3. I never check music forum. Glad ya posted it here ima check it out

4. lol... same old garbage.

5. what is the password??

6. Overrated bullshit.

OMG GET IT HE SAID FUCK YOU EVEN IF UR CELLIBATE DATS CALLED WURDGAMEZ ER SOMETHIN BEST RAPPER EVARRRRR!!!1111ONEONEone

Listen to Sage Francis, no shitty overproduced voice effects there. Oh yeah, and he can also spit more than two lines without having to pause and laugh like a faggot.

7. i love lil wayne!!!

i will always like him too and I'll still be here saying fuck the haters

I've listened to him since he started to get famous and loved pretty much all his work

thanks for the post, I hadn't heard about this yet :hello:

8. i like wayne but almost all his tapes are old stuff

9. lol I love how worked up people get over him.

With how big his name is and how much hes talked about id say it really doesnt matters what you think of his "rap status"

Hes top shit whether you agree or not...everyone great has haters

So keep hatin haters while us bankers keep bankin. Simple as that

Heard most of those tracks already but a few I havnt

By the way I like most music. I dont try to choose between southside gangster rap or kanye club rab or some good KRS1

Everyone has different tastes in music just cause an artist doesnt appeal to your ears doesnt mean they suck..

They all do their thing and thats what its about.

I have no respect for people with the attitude of "if its not what I like then its bad"

10. its not that wayne is a bad rapper, hes just average at best, deffinitly not as good as everyone makes him out to be. the last release i actually felt from him was the I Cant feel my face or the Dirty Work 14: color of money with currency.

Also hes a bitch for kickin out Currency, probably just because currency outshines him on almost all their tracks

11. You're absolutely correct Dice, and just because an artist does appeal to you, doesn't mean that it's the best. Only slightly hypocritical.

I could give a shit who's "on top of the rap game" because if you're referring to sheer popularity, chances are their music's shit.

Wayne can be on top forever, good for him. He makes more money off of one show than I'll probably ever make in my life off of anything I'll ever write. And that's exactly the way I like it.

I'm out this thread, I'm not starting shit, but you should consider the reverse side of your argument.

12. Last week i was chillen smokin a blunt with a few dudes and they were listenin to jeezy and out of nowhere i just had to say "damn man jeezys lines are slackkin", well all of them are like "Nuggah jeezys makin CAKE! he makes fuckin DOUGH!"

all i said to them was that he could be the richest muthafucka in the whole damn world but that doesnt effect the quality of his rhymes, ofcoarse i didnt say it like that though because i was really high:D:smoking:

13. I cant reverse it since im not taking sides. Im actually downloading some sage francis right now since ive never heard of him

My only arguement is. Every famous artist has someone who likes their music...so talking rudely about them is uncalled for.

Theres no guidelines to making good music. The artist just does what they want and if people like it they buy it and it becomes music. Theres tons of different styles and were all bound to find some we dont like. That doesnt make the artist or their music shit

For example I hate soulja boy and think there are many better artist out there. But for other peoples ears hes just right

Im not tryin to start an arguement either its just human nature to defend something you like when its being bashed ;)

To each his own

14. i find it hard to belive soulja boy is right in anyones ears :rolleyes:

15. Your right his money doesnt effect his flow..it reflects it. All the money he has is proof that somewhere out there likes him...

We all like to think that we get to decide what music is good and what music is bad. Think about this for a second...

Your brain is different then the guys next to you. You enjoy different tastes of food. Doesnt mean his food ISNT food or that yours IS A PROVEN FACT to be better....it means you have different tastes

Thats what makes the world different is people having different taste.

Im sure im just wasting my time I dont expect people to understand

16. Turn on MTV lol

17. no i understood the first time you said it, but thats like me saying that Goerge W Bush is good because he won the election, i mean i might not like him but he is the president so he must be good huh?

18. I'm sorry but just because he's selling records...doesn't make him great. It makes him a fad. I'm not gunna lie I like a few wayne songs but to tell you the truth...he's no where near great and never will be if he keeps with the Promethazine use. He honestly was really good on "The Carter 2"...actually it's up there on my top 10 albums but since he's been just ok. I personally think he bought a lot of those CDs his first week to get that million......but that's just me. LOL

I hope he keeps doing this thing though....he's got a lot of clout so that should see him through.

19. Absolutely, and thank you for being mature about this.

The way I see it, music is only as good as its purpose. Soulja Boy is great for when you're bouncin' in the club, fucked ass up and just need a beat and some easy lyrics to rap along with.

To be honest, what frustrates me more than Wayne are his ignorant fans (not all of his fans are ignorant). They act like he's the only rapper ever to use any kind of literary device other than rhyming.

having said that, I could understand how people like me would frustrate true fans who understand that he's not as innovative as a lot of people think, but still think he's great and like his music.

Glad you're getting some Sage. You should know he doesn't drink, smoke, or do drugs. Oh yeah, and while you're listening, do a google image search. Might sort of blow your mind, even though you seem very open minded.

I suggest:

Climb Trees
    Personal Journalist
    Hopeless
    Underground for Dummies
    Smoke And Mirrors
    Bridle
    The Buzzkill
    Civil Disobedience
    Different

IMNSHO, Personal Journals is his best album. They kind of get worse as you go.

carry on, Wayne-ites, sorry to have interrupted, but as Dice said, to each their own.

20. There is no best rapper or best artist. Its simple as that