New Vape, What temp???

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by mrawsum, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Just got this. What is the best temp to put at, and how full should I full it with weed?

ForumRunner_20120106_184453.png

2. Bump......

3. Nobody yet? Really?

4. Ok, so with vapes its ALL ABOUT YOU.
    Ignore that temp setting; if it works, yay! if it works 1 year from now, more yay! but don't really rely on it. You can use the temp to initially set it at a reference point: 320-340 is good. From there you need to dial it up or down to find optimum vape points for YOU. Depending if you like bigger or smoother hits, dial it up/down. Some people like to start low and move upwards until they've totally used their herb up; I like to set it a couple degrees below the point of burning so I can vape everything in one go.

After you've used it a couple times, you'll know where to set it for what hit. I love my DBV because I bought a custom 1-side-heavy knob; It always drags downwards because of its oversized unbalanced head. I installed it so when the nose points up, I'm at my optimal vape temp (so it doesn't burn, but I can get big rips). If I want something smoother, I dial it slightly counter clockise; opposite applies for something just slightly more, charring just short of burning.

5. [quote name='"1sttimegrower"']Ok, so with vapes its ALL ABOUT YOU.
    Ignore that temp setting; if it works, yay! if it works 1 year from now, more yay! but don't really rely on it. You can use the temp to initially set it at a reference point: 320-340 is good. From there you need to dial it up or down to find optimum vape points for YOU. Depending if you like bigger or smoother hits, dial it up/down. Some people like to start low and move upwards until they've totally used their herb up; I like to set it a couple degrees below the point of burning so I can vape everything in one go.

After you've used it a couple times, you'll know where to set it for what hit. I love my DBV because I bought a custom 1-side-heavy knob; It always drags downwards because of its oversized unbalanced head. I set it so when the nose points up, I'm at my optimal vape temp (so it doesn't burn, but I can get big rips). If I want something smoother, I dial it slightly counter clockise; opposite applies for something just slightly more, charring just short of burning.[/quote]

Thanks man!

6. NP; just remember its the degrees (out of 360) that you turn the knob that matters, not the degrees displayed on your monitor :p

Oh and forgot, the reason vapes are so personal, is that almost never do two vapes digital temp meters agree at the same O-clock, especially with those box vapes.

7. [quote name='"1sttimegrower"']NP; just remember its the degrees (out of 360) that you turn the knob that matters, not the degrees displayed on your monitor :p

Oh and forgot, the reason vapes are so personal, is that almost never do two vapes digital temp meters agree at the same O-clock, especially with those box vapes.[/quote]

Good info. Thanks. Mine doesn't have a knob, it has an up and down button for temp.

8. I have a vape just like that. I have been setting it to 320, works well.

9. X.X silly me, not looking close enough at the pic. That changes things; forces you to rely on your temp display. Just be sure to pay attention to it over time; you might start "drifting" with your hits: they'll either burn or get weaker.

10. [quote name='"ElectroMage"']I have a vape just like that. I have been setting it to 320, works well.[/quote]

Do you leave the bowl plugged in until the weed is gone or take it out after every hit?

11. If you have someplace to put it, taking the glass out after each hit would be better (as long as you drag to inhale the vape in the tube/bowl and not let that drift off)

However, I've left my bowl in my buddha for 5 hours, came back with it still on, stirred it, hit it, produced a nice vapor. The only drawback to leaving the bowl in is that buds closer to the heating element will char eventually; since your bowl is slanted upwards, its more likely yours will char more/faster.

If your vaping and taking a hit every 5 minutes, you can leave it on IMO. If there's a period of a half hour or more, turn off the vape or put the female glass someplace. (but I routinely vape and game, coming back to hit my vape 30-90 minutes later with it on the whole time)

Again, personal preference and experimentation to see what works.
    Hope you've fired her up by now, after all this haha

12. I have that exact same vape. I usually start between 345 and 350, then continue to shake the weed up and slowly raise the temperature. It can catch fire pretty quickly though so watch for that

13. I use my vape at 340 and as I'm smoking I turn it up ever so slightly until I end around 350.

Like many people said you have to monitor it yourself, every vape is different and everyone's preference is. You can tell when your smoking if its right. You can tell when its being vaporized and when its just burning the weed. Vapor is very light and it will hit your throat with very little harshness. If your throat is getting too hot chances are you have it to high. If your not getting anything at all, than its too low.

14. Thanks fellas. I appreciate thr help.