Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New user in NJ. Totally lost!!!

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by KateSunshine, Oct 24, 2019.

1. So much info here. It’s a bit overwhelming. Can’t seem to find answers because I don’t really know how to ask, terminology. Etc.
    Brief background....
    I have chronic pain and anxiety that allowed me entry into the program. I am 39 and have never smoked, not even a cigarette. Until now.

I have tried recently tried vape, oil and herb. It’s not working for me. I’m clueless. Not inhaling correctly. I know, pathetic.

At this point I just want to ingest it and get relief. Again, I’m NJ. NO EDIBLES. sigh.

Heard great things about Mindy’s gummies, for my issues, but only available in IL and NV. Sigh.

looking to attempt to make my own. The whole decarbolyzation (did I spell that correctly!?) process seems complicated.

So. Is THIS oil Curaleaf 10:1 Oil (1/8oz) - Bellmawr, NJ at Curaleaf NJ Bellmawr
    that can be used in cooking? Or do I need to mix it with something else!? Is this oil even edible!?

I’m so lost and frustrated. My doc is useless.

If you have read this far, I thank you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Big words can be scary. It’s simple follow Brassnwoods recipe if u don’t have a bunch of time to read it it’s simple.

Put the ground weed in folded parchment paper in an even layer
    In the over
    At 240 degrees for 40 minutes.
    Take it out
    Put it in coconut oil, mix that at 220 degrees for 20 minutes
    Strain
    Add lecithin if you have it, 1/3 lecithin to the oil mixture if you don’t have it you can buy it from a GNC or medicine shop.or online.
    This will get you smacked/relieved

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. This is exactly what I do but I like to let it go in the oil for a little longer, maybe 1.5 hours! But that's just me lol

I usually use 1.5 ounces of trim and flower per cup of oil.

I take all the oil I make and make capsules just like @HardDrive mentioned. They are so easy to take whenever you want

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hey,
    I am also in the NJ medical program and have over 10 years experience with cannabis. Next time you try smoking/vaping, take your hit from your joint/vape/bowl etc and then take a deep breath of fresh air in through your mouth, that will make sure it pushes the smoke or vapor into your lungs. Hold for 2-3 seconds and exhale. Do that a couple times and it will get you stoned.

You can get lozenges at Curaleaf, but IMO they don't work that great and taste pretty bad.

The 10:1 oil you linked to is perfect for edibles, already decarbed, so you can just squirt a little in some coffee or something and drink it down, no need to cook with it. Just go slow, the entire syringe is 350 mg thc. I can easily take half the syringe in one sitting, but most people probably need a much smaller amount. Start slow and work your way up and don't take more until at least 90 minutes after your initial dose, and if you eat too much and get too high, just try to lay down and rest, it will go away eventually.

If you have any other questions shoot me a PM and i'll be happy to help

• Like Like x 2

5. Decarboxylation is just roasting the weed in an oven. Pea sized nugs on a cookie sheet uncovered.
    240 F for 40 minutes.

5 grams decarbed Hash, Kief, Powdered buds, or any concentrate.
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin. (Any kind)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes'
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes.

Done

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 drop capsules are how I get new users to find how much oil they need.
    Take 1 capsule. Wait 2 hours. If no effects take 2 more and wait 2 hours. If no effects take 4 more and wait 2 more hours.

Still nothing take 8 more and wait another 2 hours. Keep doubling down and waiting until your stoned. Keep track of how many drops it takes. Now you have a baseline dose based on the strength of the oil you've made.

If you make the same strength oil every time you'll always know how to dose it.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  6. BrassNwood's method is excellent, and I use similar methods with flower instead of kief.
    Here's an easy recipe for 30 cookies of about 40 mg thc each, using any cookie box mix.
    1. Decarb 8 g herb @ 240 F for 40 min, or better yet use Ardent Lift/Nova.
    2. Grind to fine powder.
    3. Mix herb powder and a roughly equal amount of lecithin into the recipe oil.
    4. Quickly pre-heat mixture to 220 F on a stove top, then bake at that temp for 20-40 min.
    5. Follow recipe instructions, and make 30 equal weight cookies.

7. Thank you everyone! Much appreciated. I purchased some oil and made gummies today. I will let you know how it goes! Xoxo

8. I am in jersey as well. Don’t expect pot to compare to opioids or narcotics because u will be disappointed. Pot works in a different way. It does help me with my pain but pills really are better and last longer, but I also don’t do edibles.

I have learned from experimenting that smoking wins 100% of the time over vaporizers. If u use a vaporizer it has to be set to really at least 390-410. For my anxiety and stress it’s fine but pain relief smoking just wins every time. I found in my worst pain nights a bing really helps. I goto joints the most but a bubbler or my bing just really makes the relief better and honestly feels better on my lungs and throat for obvious reasons.

the lotions do not help me. I have not tried the oil u dip under your tongue and I know our dispensaries are still kind of a pathetic joke. They are finally offering a larger variety but they mostly add the weirdest names bs strains compared to proven old school strains. Every once in awhile I get asked how the strains are helping me and what I would like to see improved I’m honest and I get judged for it. Northern lights works very well compared to others but no dispensary here will grow it. Out if everything I tried so far I would say compassionate care and harmony are the best. Curaleaf is just hit or miss I liked them more then it was compassionate sciences and I tried telling them that if they get their shit together and increase the thc if the purple Urkle it would be one of the best in the state. I loved it when I was out in Cali but 13% thc is just not enough at all.

my top 3 that seek to be the best effective have been:
    True og
    Kong
    Hero or close with mango. I only tried a handful from harmony and I loved purple Urkle from curaleaf but the thc content is just so low it doesn’t help anymore. I really wish our prices will get better and they stop adding the most retarted bizarre strains. I’m dying to see northern lights, granddaddy purple, and mazar I sharif. I hate it the most though when I have to answer there surgery they tell me they don’t judge but get pissed off for giving the truth on how their strains help me.