New updated pics of my plant, first timer

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jspec2ner, Jan 14, 2010.

1. 2nd update of my plant, i should of done a grow journal..:mad:

I'll be sure to do a grow journal for my next grow.

The strain im using is nirvana's swiss cheeese, and this will be the end of the 3rd week of flowering.

The plant is growing strong, and it started to throw pistils and bud up this week.

Every morning i wake up it gets taller, and has more pistils.

I'm using a 10gal pot, using a 400wat HPS with a combination of white matte finish walls
    and mylar, sitting on a table that i built. the table has holes all over for maximum airflow

If you guys have any questions about this strain, PM me..i'll be more than happy to answer any questions you guys are willing to ask..heres proof that you CAN use a HPS throughout its whole life cycle (55,000 lumens)

I'll let the pics speak for themselves..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The plants size is almost 41inches even and still growing.
    I'm using FFOF soil, Big bloom, grow big, tiger bloom.
    I gave her full strength nutes today after i flushed her
    thoroughly sunday afternoon.

Another thing i forgot to mention is that before switching to 12/12
    i gave it 48hours of complete un-interupted darkness to kick the plant
    flower into over-drive..

shes looking great and i cant wait till harvest...I've spend countless weeks
    reading before i started this grow, which is my first..and with each day i learn even more.
    I absolutely love this forum and everyone in it..

Peace all..happy smoking:smoking::smoking::smoking:

2. Wow! That looks great :eek:

3. Looking real Good. Shes gonna yield big.

4. Looks good mate, can't wait to see her in action.

5. pu...i can smell the cheese from here

sweet
    :smoke:

6. Thanks to all of you who responded....:hello:

7. Man, that is looking really nice man! Good job on your first grow! I can't wait to see what she looks like in a week let alone when its all done, but I'm sure you feel that way all the time. haha

Happy growing!

8. yeah i cant wait..i hope she doesnt go root bound in the 10gal pot

she keeps growing and growing.. i got to raise my light again, lol

9. haha. it's always a good sign when you have to move the lights up. Lets ya know there still growing...

10. how long did you veg for by the way? looks really good.

11. I've never heard of leaving a plant in 48 hours of darkness before flowering, just curious what are the advantages? and plant looks awesome man!!

12. how was your experience with nirvana seeds??? do u live in the us

13. Nirvana rocks. USA approved haha

14. im very curious with this also. i got 7 chillin that im probably gonna try and flower in about a month and wanna try this but i wanna hear a lil more about it

*EDIT* btw she looks great gl with the rest of flowering : D

15. Do you mean before harvest? Many people will leave them in 48 - 72 hours of darkness before they chop them down. The darkness stimulates the bud to grow and develop. I haven't heard of doing it between veg and flower.

16. I vegged for 6weeks

Yeah supposedly the advantages are alot. not only will your plant refresh itself and will be well rested but it also stimulates flowering development, from what ive read, the actual flowering photoperiod process takes place when the plant is sleeping. in a result it will kick flowering into over-drive, and show sex alot quicker. i was flowering for a long time without the plant not showing sex, until someone gave me the tip to let it go for 48hours of puredarkness, to show sex sooner. and stimulate the plant in general..and as for the results, you can see..its budding up, growing taller, and throwing pistils all over the plalce, ever the lower nodes

no i meant before going 12/12, so the plant can fully rest, recover and restore itself
    it worked for me, quite well..and im sure it will for you if, you try it out.

17. hm. Nice, I've got a few more weeks before I can try it out, but I will definitely try it out this next time! Thanks for the tip man! Obviously yours looks amazing so can't hurt it!

18. thanks...and you WILL notice the change..

happy yielding ;):smoke:

19. yes im going to try this also in about a month and a half hopefully.