New Tube Glass- HOSS

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by yourHIGHness, Apr 22, 2010.

1. #81 bigbollo, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2010
    What about showerhead diffs? Diffs in general? The beaker? The straight? GonG? It will only make the original artists innovate and come up with better solutions. Think of cars, there is room for everyone in the market. You get what you pay for albeit quality, support, or resale. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I would like to spend 1500 on a top of the line pipe, but I have mortgages, car payments, and a family. That 1500 could be used elsewhere. I'm fine with spending a 5th of the money on something that MAYBE isn't as high quality or doesn't have the name recognition.

2. That's because you don't know anything about glass... the skill it takes to blow, the cost of quality raw materials, the time it takes to do it right, etc.

And why would you say everyone copied ph(x)?

There is a key difference you supporters are failing to recognize. Plenty of quality scientific artist use technologies pioneered by other blowers. Only a choice selection of lowlifes create precise replicas of tubes originated by others. Illadelph, toro, vertigo and itza all make circulators... none of them use the same styling to the circ let alone the rest of the tube. Hoss copies every dimension of the tubes he steals... and they do it using cheap, poor quality raw materials to cut costs.

Hoss isn't innovating. They're tracing over other people's work on a cheaper piece of paper.

Don't kid yourself... it's not flattery. Hoss deletes all comments on their youtube channel that discuss where the tubes originate.

I find it really off-putting that so many of you seem to be proud of Hoss as a Canadian gig. It's really an embarrassment to real Canadian artists and a blow to the glass blowing community there. I mean do you really want people to talk about Canadian glass the way they do about Chinese glass?

Chinese glass is founded on imitation. They have no glass scene of their own so they jock America's and recreate our techs out of shitty glass. Would you like that to be the Canadian glass market as well... cause that's most of what it is now... Gear, Hoss, Red Eye, etc.

3. we don't care,we know what good glass is sgw luke wilson etc, but we would rather get the same effect with less money. We don't blow glass nor do we really care how its made etc if it hits smooth and you can smoke out of it then do it. Also here in canada we don't have a lot of headshops that bring in quality bongs,mostly just puff or china glass, so when you have a HOSS bong come around trust me its alot better than buying a really really shitty crooked perc china bong. The fact remains Hoss gives you better quality than china glass for the same price and works way better. If you have seen a hoss up close you would know that they reinforce there percs etc. Besides them being copy cats which who really gives a fuck some people do some people don't. Also most of us don't have a toro or w/e so we can't appreciate the craftsmanship behind them we just want a smooth toke and the end of the day.

• Like Like x 1
  4. you dont get the same effect for less money, watch the videos they chug like crazy. All of their tubes have way more drag than the ones they are imitating. They DO NOT function the same as the ones they are copying so get over that idea.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Like I said the original artist who allegeldy is being copied will innovate their design. I do find it funny how people are so up in arms about a fight they don't have a hand in. I guess Hoss should watch their back as people seem to know everything about the company, therefore they must be employees. If not, I have a simple solution, grab hold of your shoulders real hard and pull until your head is completely removed from up your ass.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black. :laughing:

7. Some of us just have respect for the industry, some just want to save a buck and throw morals out the door.

8. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6tQzm7x1FU]YouTube - new hoss glass bong[/ame]

Looks fine to me?

9. nice milkvid xsploit. :wave:

10. #90 Just619, Jul 22, 2010
    So heres the tube that he copied. You are telling me it looks like the same quality? Be honest now guy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You just don't get the difference between craftsmanship + innovation vs cheap knock offs. Sure it works ok, but like everyone says. If you are gonna be as low class as that, at least acknowledge the people you stole the ideas from and not hide from it, and delete everyones youtube comments. That's about the lamest business model I have ever seen. Yet you guys are stepping up to bat and arguing in his place. Leave it up to him to do it, and since he ignores the fact that hes a shady business person leave it at what it is. A cheap ass knock off of other peoples ideas. Just admit you support shady business practice because you are cheap and well move on and close thread.

11. #91 xsploit, Jul 22, 2010
    So just because it's an inline with a perc he automatically copies other people hmm ? Or hey lets make an inline and while where at it slap a perc on it. who was the first to make a tree perc? or any other perc? I guess every single bong with a perc copies someone them, every beaker bottom etc there are distinguished designs that sell why change em

12. #92 Just619, Jul 22, 2010
    You aren't very smart are you. Its because there was no other quad or triple inlines out. Luke Wilson comes out with one, then what do you know. hoss comes out with his own copy looking almost identical, except with colored chinese blank glass.

Every single one of his designs is a direct copy. Except he copies the non functional parts only. He copies the shape of the tube, and just throws in some trash percs and calls it good.

Every design looks like another major glass brands tube. Get your head out of the smoke cloud its in homie. for real. put the bong down.

I am not even personally attacking you, just pointing out the obvious. That some people are just content with being cheap and buying cheap imitation shit. The problem is not acknowledging the fact that the guy is a total copy cat and a douche bag because of it. He hides behind his computer and deletes peoples questions about why he copies. You know why he deletes them? Because he is ashamed of how he operates his business thats why. So quit sticking up for Hoss. Hes a lame

13. #93 xsploit, Jul 22, 2010
    I think you need to stop crying on how they copy everything, so what get used to it buddy and while your at it,get your head out of your ass. The fact is i don't even own a hoss seen them at a local headshop and they looked awesome and from what i seen on youtube they work fine. If you want the real thing be my guess and drop 300$ or more. No one cares if there copied,they work nuff said.

14. #94 Just619, Jul 22, 2010
    Why is my head in my ass? Because I respect the artists in the glass blowing community? Those guys work hard to invent these ideas and to innovate them. You are classless man, what are you about 15? You haven't figured out what respect is in your short time on this planet. Thats apparent.

And btw, those hoss tubes arent cheap. He is charging a pretty high premium for fake stuff. Believe it, I have researched their pricing. It's not even that much of a bargain for the quality it is. You can get REAL SG stemlines, SGW waffle tubes, US tubes, etc for less money, and they arent cheap imitations. You lost this argument as soon as you decided to post. Move along little fella.

15. I am not defending them or anyone for that matter, this thread wasn't started by Hoss. So all the comments directed at Hoss are pointless then no? I don't think anyone who posted here works for Hoss, so why not just say hey nice pipe and take pride in your own. You could also address your negative concerns directly at Hoss instead of harshing someones purchase. If it said another name that would be copyright infringement, but since it has the Hoss name it is at most a replica. And if you are OK with owning a replica there isn't anything wrong with it. If my Hoss falls apart in a week and It is a replica I would go and buy the OG one. And if it doesn't ever fall apart I'll be glad I was able to afford a nice tv with the money I saved.

16. I got mine for less than the price of some of the Weed* stuff.

17. Yeah weedstar over charges as well, but like I said. for the price of some of this hoss stuff is going for you can get real SG, real SYN, real SGW

18. my friend just got a double perc reckless for 200 flat, hits amazing!

is that hemp wick ur using?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Good for the glassblowers, I do respect there work, but son not everyone can afford/ have access to phx toro roor luke wilson bongs. If more headshops would stock phx or any good glass we probably wouldn't even be buying hoss. Hoss makes affordable bongs and available in canada compared to the sgw etc and from what i seen they work more than fine. Not everyone wants to order shit of the net when they can support there local headshop and get it right there go home and smoke it. Most of the high q glass is over priced anyways you could buy a whole qp for that price.

Yeah they "copy" stuff oh well the fucking bongs works

20. If you read what I type, people try and address their concerns directly to Hoss on his own personal Youtube channel and instead of answering why he blatantly copies everyone elses designs he just deletes them. You support that kind of business practice? Its pathetic and people like me that know better are here trying to educate the people that havent taken the time to do it themselves. Like everything else in life, you can buy cheap or you can buy something quality.

But Hoss takes it to another level, by just copying good stuff and making it in a shitty way. It's not fair to the guy that walks into the headshop and sees the Hoss tube sitting right next to an SG and since the price may be a few bucks less and it looks the same, he will go for that pile of crap. All the while he had no clue that some pieces do actually function better than others and its more than meets the eye. Thats the problem.

Hoss is deceiving people that arent educated enough to know better. He is using the less knowledgable people to make a buck. Its gross. If you cant understand that why hes lame now then you will fail at life.