New Tube - EFS Custom

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by sektr, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Finally got my EFS custom in the mail the other day after a few months on the wait list, and just wanted to share a few pictures with everyone.

I designed the sandblasted image myself (minus the tree of gondor sample), and I asked Justin to do some sort of honeycomb work in the base and let him have free reign on the color choices. I'm absolutely in love with the tube I don't know if there's any way I could change it to suit my preferences.

The work is all flawless, and the tube hits like an absolute champ. It stands 14" tall with a double gridded donut perc. The reduced bore on the neck really maintains a lot of flavor considering how damn SMOOTH the piece is!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wowww, That's fucking amazing

3. Dude, that donut perc looks so damn badass!! Can't wait till I order something lol.

4. dude i just got my EFS right now! that percs killer eh? sounds like a engine when you rip it. Mine has a yoda sandblasted on it :) that honeycomb work on yours is crazzzy tho

5. dam bro doing excellent super nice

6. ahh s beutiful, I want to get a sick bubbler when I move out

7. #7 keepsake, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2013
    That's a beautiful piece man.
    I ordered this one myself yesterday!

[​IMG]

Do you have the 32mm or 38mm neck?
    He gave me a choice and I went w/ a 32mm neck.

Also, can you measure what the height is to the top of the can?

8. NICE^

Still excited to meet Justin in person here in a few weeks, can't wait to see what a glassblower's studio consists of, maybe even get a piece or two of mine sandblasted??

9. Mine's a 38mm, which was the standard when I ordered it. My can is 75mm to 38mm, in retrospect I wish I'd gotten something more along the lines of 65/32 or 28. It has good flavor as is but the big chamber is better for bigger rips than I usually take.

10. #10 Robot Mania FU, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2013
    I have no experience what so ever with EFS but that honeycomb looks real clean. I have plenty of designs waiting for sandblasting. How is he with retti's? I would love a similar piece with a retti on the bottom and a flower of life sandblasting.

edit: I'm viewing this on my phone so I can't really tell....but is that doughnut gridded????? :yummy:

11. Yea double gridded, 6 slits each side 36 holes total.

The only complaint I have is the holes are uneven, so they fire a bit better on one side than the other but the thing still hits like such a champ that it's a negligible complaint.

Idk how his rettis are I was actually thinking about hitting him up about them too cause I want a mini tube done soon.

12. Mine will be a 70mm can to a 32mm neck.
    I have sissy lungs so that should fit me quite nicely.
    I cant wait!

13. ^I'd get a 34-38mm neck, or a 60-65mm can. I guess a lot of the volume will come from how tall the piece is if it's only 14" tall.

That 70mm can is gonna build a lot of smoke in the bottom chamber, causing more drag than I would prefer trying to rush through a small bore mouthpiece. Not sure if you've hit a SG Kingstem, but they are 18" tall with a 75mm can reduced to a 38mm mouthpiece, and I still seem to get stale hits from my friend's if I don't he doesn't have a clean slide with amazing airflow to it. A little bit too much diffusion for me as well.

I can take snaps from my 18" 50x5mm upgrid stemline effortlessly and would prefer that hit 9 times out of 10. Just my .02!

14. EFS makes sick glass i just would never purchase one because of the ugly ass joints IMO. Both sick pieces still though, just a cosmetic thing for me

15. ^I'll have to ask him in person why he prefers that construction for his joints, because I agree. I'd much rather have a sharp 90* like a Toro or the soft 90* like an SG piece. I'm definitely gonna see if I can help/watch him make a custom tube for me though, that would be awesome, despite any joint design.

16. Ok, I told him to do a 38mm neck instead.
    Thanks for the tip.

And I think the joints are pretty cool lol :cool:

17. I kind of like the joint design. It reminds me of the joint on my old toro disk/13

18. I've just received mine!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This 70mm can is alot bigger in person than it looks in pictures lol.
    It's perfect.. I love it.

19. I don't believe Justin does any other size can than 70mm and the only options for neck are 38mm or 32mm.

20. ^Nice tube man!