Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New Tokers: A Warning

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CD Clock, Apr 7, 2011.

1. #61 Laith, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2011
    Please, your post is quite ignorant. I've had clinical depression since I was 9 years old, and for a long time I was suicidal and completely wasting my life away (anti-depressants made it much worse). Since I started smoking, I have barely been sad at all. Without it i'd still be thinking negatively about every little thing, or even worse, dead.

Only thing OP isn't wrong about: SMOKE harms your lungs.

2. Sadly no. I wouldn't be surprised if 40+% were underaged

Yes because that applies to everyone. And you have problems, would be dead if you didnt smoke? You need to put down the weed and find a therapist.

3. Maybe they should hear it from fellow tokers as well.

There's a difference between medicinal users and recreational users, man. You need that stuff, recreational users do not.

I'm not anti-weed, anyone who says that about anyone posting here is being silly. We all love the herb, otherwise we wouldn't be here, posting about it.

All we're saying is a friendly word of warning to those who are new to the substance; if you let it spiral out of control, it can harm you, like any other addiction. So be careful with it, and ignore everyone here who says it won't change you.

4. Perhaps you'd like to also cite some references? I mean, since marijuana can harm you...I'd actually be interested in debunking these studies, so if you don't mind, post up the reference.

5. pots def. addictive.. otherwise we wouldnt have all these HELP IM OUT threads...

i know when im out, i get a little sweaty, anxiety goes up, a little stomach discomfort, really and truly, pot addiction to me feels alot like way way way milder opiod addiction (i was very addicted at one point in my life to oxycontin/morphine/methadone, so i know)

the first few years i was a smoker, this was way way way less noticeable then now after smoking 10 years or so, with a few stretches in there i stepped away from the herb.

6. [​IMG]

7. You seem to have misunderstood something - I'm not here to convince you, I'm here to warn newbies about the potential change the herb can bring.

I smoked weed constantly for about 4 months - I gained a lot of self-realization, I understood the social workings of those around me much better, but I also felt that I lost touch with reality. I felt like I was observing my life rather than living it. I was unable to do the coursework for my informatics education and flunked all my courses that year, and though that was indeed my own fault, I would not have strayed the course if I did not smoke weed.

There are some people who can handle an education/job well - or maybe even do better at it under the influence of MJ - but it's undeniable that it can go the other way, too. If you're undertaking an education, I do not recommend that you become a regular toker.

8. you forget, the majority of 18 year olds are fucking retarded.

9. Rofl OvaltineJenkins, I saw what you wrote.

You should get out of this thread. You didn't even read my whole post before you jumped on me.

10. Lick my asshole ? You admitted it was your fault and not the weed

11. In terms of addiction it is one of the easier drugs to come off and stay off, it is also damn near harmless which means even if someone is addicted and smoking weed everyday all day it is doing little harm. In the same light as people who drink after a rough day marijuana would be the alcohol, however comparatively it is far easier to quit than alcohol.

But, it also affects everyone differently. Some people might have an addictive personality, and in that case marijuana can be harder to quit than it is for me. There isn't a one size fits all story for marijuana, it is a case to case basis, however I'm just debating that it isn't harmful aside from the obvious smoke inhalation.

12. it does do something to harm you.... that feeling when you wake up and wanna toke? that's harmful, you shouldnt want to change the way you feel naturally...

you gotta look at it bigger though, for me, pot is a major stress reliever, and it of course makes everything funner... but still, it's not natural, i think pot is the lesser of all the evils (alcohol, tobacco) we are exposed too, pot is about on the same scale as caffeine when it comes to addiction.. alcohol and tobacco are way worse.. but having a bowl to me, is about like having a cup of coffee.. makes the day more bearable, but not something im gonna freak out if i dont have (like opiods will make you do)

but, the physical symptoms, are simalar to opiod withdrawal.. just no where near as intense.

13. I think I've proven my point.

14. good post, this is spot on :hello:

15. [​IMG]

16. [​IMG]

17. hehe so many young, naive, smokers... the herb is wonderful, but remember.. if it sounds too good to be true...

and you'll see, how longs everyone been smoking? if you say less than a couple years.. you HAVE NO CLUE, trust me on this.

18. i'm glad it works for you, but i know a thing or two about depression. smoking brings you immediate relief from pain, but in the long run it just makes shit worse. if there's something else you are suppose to be doing, then it's really no help. there's no fooling yourself. as for me, i'm suppose to do something great, that's just who i've always been. i have no choice in the matter. anything other than greatness is failure.

so smoking weed all day instead of bettering myself makes my emotional state worse. but then i rely on marijuana for depression and anxiety when shit gets too thick and i have no other outlets. it's a trap.

19. this man speaks truth... it's funny, it's the same warning old pops gave me when he found out i toked when i was a teenager, of course i thought he was crazy then, and old, and out of touch....

yeah turns out he was wise.

20. Some people don't get it, they need to actually realize themselves.