Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New Tokers: A Warning

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CD Clock, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Woah! So...weed can cost you money, and if your a featherweight that dosn't know his limits you can have a bad time . OMG!! WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!

2. marijuana doesnt hurt your lungs it helps fight cancer, combustion does, thats why you use a vaporizer

a joint a day keeps the doctor away :smoke:

3. the only negative side of mj is that it will make you have more problems then you already have :
    -dealer will not have weed when you want it. ( my case atm )
    -dealer might sell you crap
    -makes you uncomfortable around cops
    -$ spent on weed
    -facepalms when you listen to people talk about how bad it is and bs like that
    -being extra cautious with others on the "weed" topic
    -job problems
    -family problems
    and the real problem is that all of these ^ might be resolved if some idiots would just admit that they were wrong and legalize cannabis.

4. Now you're just being painfully immature and stupidly sarcastic.

I stick by what I said: If you're new to marijuana, take it easy and take it steadily. If you smoke too much, it can and will affect you, and while some of it is positive, some of it is negative as well.

Again, moderation.

5. thanks mom.
    oh wait everyone on this board is over 18

6. You can say the same with videogames

7. honestly anyone who thinks that this op is completely irrelevant has there head in the ground. i dont get people who think theres absolutely nothing bad at all about with smoking weed. yea this may be true if you smoke once a week or once a month but most people on this forum dont fall into that category

getting high all day everyday is definitely not favorable for your mental/physical state. you lose touch with reality (most people at least)

and all the "you can say that about anything" statements, yea thats true. but that doesnt make it justifiable

8. The Sky is blue
    Grass is green

...Wait? we're not posting stupidly obvious things on this thread and calling it advice?

9. It's not stupidly obvious to beginners, and this is the apprentice toker part of the forum.

10. I like to call it riding the bull:smoking:

I like to ride the bull :D

11. It all depends on the individual. Some people have to use it in moderation or they would go crazy. For me personally, marijuana doesn't bring out any emotions that aren't there when I'm sober. So this allows me to smoke as much as I want, I just stick to the rule of all things pleasurable:

As long as it doesn't interfere with your daily responsibilities such as grades, exercising, etc. then you are fine.

12. A kid I know was blazed all the time. He acted like a fucking retard and his grades went to shit. moderation

13. #53 Anonimo, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2011
    Now that's what I'm talking about, No harm as long as you get your shit done.

I think it's everyone's responsibility to moderate themselves. Do the drug don't let it do you

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrrca_PmViw[/ame]

14. A kid I know was blazed all the time. Hes now an honors student at USC

15. come on..like they havent heard this shit from dare already

16. Yo, all I know is that we have THC receptors in our brain so its in our DNA to smoke some goodies.

17. the link between emotional issues and weed is shaky, at best.

you HAVE to consider that whatever caused the predisposition for the person in question to use drugs in the 1st place caused some other things (like emotional issues).

weed is wonderful, id mainline the shit if i could, im doing ok

18. this should go under the anti pot section o no wait there isnt one. FOR A GOOD REASON!
    DELETE THIS!

19. Let's cite references.

Here's a shitton of questions that are answered with numerous sources cited: Myths and Facts About Marijuana

And just to show I'm not biased: Marijuana Abuse - Research Report Series - NIDA

Again, responsibility. If you are a mental mind-fuck you probably should stay away from anything that has psychoactive properties, however, that in mind you are more likely to lose your mind by consuming too much water before you lose it consuming too much marijuana.

The fact of the matter is that everything is essentially theory, mainly because marijuana studies have just started to come to birth in the last ten or so years. Before that it was all one-sided, remember the monkeys? Lack of oxygen to the brain will indeed kill you, the monkeys were proof to that, but as far as proving anything that marijuana does it was a null reference because it was a lopsided study.

If you click on either of the top two links you will pretty much get the same information that I just explained here, there has never been any proven long-term effects of marijuana. Outside of the widely know 'inhaling any type of smoke is bad for you' conclusion, the other popular one is memory loss or the inability to produce new memories while under the influence (strongly contested, much like most of these myths).

The only advice to a new user of marijuana that is positive is know what you are getting into before you get into it, I read countless stories on both Schaffer's drug library and Erowid before I even smoked my first time. I knew exactly what I was getting into before I got into it.

So, in end; read about it as much as possible and come to your own conclusion. You may find that you don't even want to try it. Until we can get an unbias scientific community to properly study this on a wider than 'a handful of monkeys' scale, we can only theorize on what it can and cannot do.

20. Good thing I'm not a new toker.