Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New Toker, Tried Everything But Not Working

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by taima, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Hey everyone, been reading the forums for a while and always a great read.

I have a problem recently that has been giving me (and my friends) big question marks. I have been really interested and inspired by the whole culture and some good friends have introduced me. One friend, who is very experienced, has helped introduce me with very good quality buds and the first time I smoked I could feel a slight buzz but I only got a good sleep from that. After that I had some special cookies which enhanced my touch senses just by a bit. Then without real success my friend and I smoked some of the best bud-- and still nothing. I tried about 7 times already with only a buzz akin to getting drunk. The only other thing is that I do meditate and while high I tried and can _really_ activate my Chi. I'm in my 20's so confused why perhaps my tolerance is so high? We tried a lot of different things (bowl, joint, candy, different types of bud, 2nd hand smoke, etc.) with my friends and we are all a bit perplexed. When I smoke with my friends they are baked beyond belief and I'm just observing them without any real effect. I feel like I'm wasting the weed.

Finally, today I tried ingesting some concentrated candy and smoked quite a few hits in addition. We thought at first I might not be inhaling correctly but it is getting in there. after ingesting some raw candy I got a body high for 4 hours. Again, nothing really except that 'buzz' that feels similar to being drunk and the body high just feels like I'm walking in molasses. That's it though. I can think clear, I can look around and am 'conscious...'

...am I missing something here?

2. I know it's going to sound crude, but you gotta cough to get off. My first and foremost suggestion would be that you take some massive ass hits from a large bong.

3. My Diagnosis: It's an inhalation problem. Most smokers (of anything) tend to do it wrong at first. You've got to learn how to not just breath into your mouth but down into your lungs. Try taking a big hit then sucking a lot of air down right after it to push the smoke into your lungs.

This is the best way to learn.

Good luck and good night.

4. well that last one doesnt seem too far off. I mean a buzz similar to being drunk is a good description of it, i mean its not exactly the same, if it was I would just drink, but I like the feeling of being high more, so I do that, so its not the same. If its exactly the same then something wrong. But if you are saying similar but not exactly to being drunk and feeling like molasses around your body for body high then well, it sound like you probably were high. I just cant be sure, cuz I dont know how you felt. I have smoked weed over 100 times so I know very well how it feels.

To be sure if you were high ask yourself these questions:

-did you find yourself laughing alot more or find things funnier? (common for new smokers but not for veterans, though still somewhat)
    -did you find yourself having the munchies? (I dont always get it, but usually)
    -did you seem to think about things in different ways or have thoughts that you usually dont have?
    -did you seem to have any worried thoughts, not necessarily (though possibly)through the rough uncontrollable paranoia, but some worried thinking

If you answered yes to most of these questions, then you probably got high

If you think you didn't dont worry, many people have trouble getting high when they start. I got high the first time I tried, but not everyone does. Try using a bong, and try having one of your friends start it so they can get smoke going, so all you have to do is inhale it. Whether you use a bong or not, think about the smoke as you inhale it and think about where it probably is, and make sure it gets into your lungs, hold it, then exhale.

5. What exactly are you expecting?

6. #6 Grassraucher, Jan 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2009
    [quote name='Meursault']My Diagnosis: It's an inhalation problem. Most smokers (of anything) tend to do it wrong at first. You've got to learn how to not just breath into your mouth but down into your lungs. Try taking a big hit then sucking a lot of air down right after it to push the smoke into your lungs.

This is the best way to learn.

I Agree that i had the same problem when i start but i start smoking bong and that fixed the problem :):smoke::smoke:

And hey the list of greenbliss is good to find out if u are high but i promise u when u are high u will feel it !!

7. #7 greenbliss, Jan 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2009

Don't do that. That parnanoia I talked about will be through the roof for many people, and especially for a new smoker like you with a hit like that. I have had paranioa so bad the entire smoke session wasnt worth it (I enjoyed some of it, but overall more negative than positive), and you dont want that because then you may get so upset you may never want to smoke again, since you wouldnt know how fun it can be, and it is usually very, very fun to be high. For the most part, paranoia isnt an issue with low doses of THC, but the more you smoke the higher possiblilty of paranoia, the more intense, and the longer it will last.

8. Quick responses, thanks guys. I appreciate crassness too ;)

I don't have access to a bong, unfortunately. Ingesting had the strongest effect on me leading me to believe that I haven't been inhaling correctly. However I think at first I wasn't inhaling correctly but now I inhale one way and get a rush within seconds of a hit. When I exhale I can tell it's been in the lungs and the smoke goes through the nose as further evidence as well.

But what am I expecting? I do get high (in the sense of a buzz feeling in the head), but nothing happens. Nothing seems funnier, no munchies, nothing visual or 'spiritual' and no paranoia. I've been hearing stories where you can feel the notes in the music, drawings (yantra) come alive... so that's what I've been expecting with no success.

This I have yet to try and will do this next...

When I do smoke the setting is right, I've always had good rest, and am in a good state of mind. So there is no mental block either I would think. But I do have a large body frame. I'm 6'2" albeit skinny. I also have metabolism like a monster so I wonder if that could have anything to do with it?

9. thats really wierd m8
    but when i eat edibles i have nver really gotten a strong buzz just taken killer long naps.

im still gonna go with the inhalation theory. Sometimes it just takes a while to click ive been smokin for a while and when i smoke some nugs i feel it comin up quick. but ive never gotten the drunk feeling youve had? MJ has never made me feel intoxicated.

10. Yeah, one time I felt like I was seeing sound, haha on some good shit. But I mean its not LSD, or some shit like that. All of the visual stuff is things that you feel like you are doing, if anyone asked you while you are high "Are you actually feeling that you are seeing stuff you should only hear, or whatever?", you would clearly know that you were not, and it was just made up, and those visuals, when they do occur are quite weak. Another thing I just thought of is time. When you are smoking the internal clock that you have in your mind that can usually generally tell you what time of day it is approximately should drift ahead of a real clock, and it can lose time dramatically. It can be off by several hours in like 20 minutes. Have you had anything like that before? Once again though, its weed isnt like other drugs. I have never tried anything else (except cigs and alcohol but I mean like illegal drugs Ive never tried anything else) but I have heard that with other drugs and time you might be like, I cant beleive its such and such time, but what does time even mean. That could never happen with weed. Weed can alter how things seem to be, but it can never make you think you are a cat, or make you wonder what a television does or what the meaning of time is. If someone said noon means the sun is directly in the south, you would understand and agree with that and it would make sense to you.

11. theres only one thing left to do! GAS MASK:hello:

12. mate just take a full cone and cough your lungs up, you'll get high as shit.

13. ive heard bings really help with getting igh for first timers, its likely taht a joint wont work as well

14. Dont worry about buying anything new for now, try to save money if you can. Try what I said just think about the smoke traveling from your mouth to your lungs and think about where it is as you take the hit and hold it in as long as you can. Maybe just take some practice by inhaling normal air and think about the air as it goes from your mouth to your lungs and hold that in. I can usually feel the smoke as it travels to my lungs and now where it is on its journey, so I know if I got a hit. Also make sure you exhale all the air out so that you can inhale as much smoke as possible, if you take that big of a hit the smoke is detined to get to you. Finally, try something without a carb (hole on side) for a newbie, the simpler the better.

15. This happened to me when I first smoked. For some reason I just wouldn't get high. So I stopped smoking. Then one day I was chilling with some friends. We ended up going to their friend's house, and we smoked. I got retarded; I could barley walk. But it's crazy that you have tried so many different things and you still aren't getting high. [​IMG]

16. Have a homie roll a J for you, of some that you paid for.

Smoke it to yourself.

You WILL be high... and if you're questioning wether you are high or not, that probably just means you're really high :p

17. no..

you will know if you are high or not..
    and it usually takes about 3 separate times or more depending on the person of smoking to get high..

18. That's how it was for me [​IMG]

19. A) I got baked as hell my first time.

B) Of course I know you will know if you're high or not, and I cannot tell you how many kids I've had at my house smoking for their first time who were RIPPED as shit and either didn't know it, or wouldn't admit it.

:rolleyes:

/leaves thread.