New Toker Needs Some Advice/Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JVblabla, Feb 8, 2009.

1. First of all, I am new here at grasscity, and I am looking forward to being a part of this community.

Now, for some questions, I am thinking about growing in my room, preferably in my closet, and I was wondering how I would make a simple ("camouflaged") CHEAP closet grow room.

Also, I heard that growers get caught because their electricity bill goes up, and the electric company notifies the police.

Lastly, what is the best item you can use for smoking? Metal Pipes, Glass Pipes, Acrylic Pipes, Wood Pipes, Bongs, Vaporizers, etc. I know vaporizers are the best for your lungs, but what is the best non expensive thing to use?

So, how can I make a good CHEAP secret closet grow room, and is there anyway I can be caught by the authorities, and what is the best smoking "tool" to use?.

Thanks,
    JVblabla

2. Welcome :)

There are plenty of budget stealth grows up on the boards. Search through the Grow Room Design forum, and find a few Grow Journals that are something you'd like. Read all the way through them - oftentimes growers make significant changes to their setup midway through.

As long as you pay your bill on time, and the power company doesn't think you're stealing any power, this doesn't really happen. Most of the growers get busted because they told someone, or they didn't cover their smell, something like that. #1 rule for growing: never tell anyone - not even your dog.

Best is relative. I prefer glass sherlock bubblers.

Follow rule number 1 (tell no one!), make sure you have are able to get rid of the smell, and you should be good.

Oh and for the smell, there are several solutions. Alot of people use carbon scrubbers. Some use ozone generators. Search around - there's thousands of posts on this topic.

Remember that most of your questions will be fairly common beginner questions. That means they have been asked, and answered, dozens and dozens of times here at GC. Do your research, search, and you'll have a great grow!

3. First of all, Welcome! My first day here as well. In no particular order:

First of all, the power company is a business and they are in business to make money, not lose a customer to a corrections facility. Don't worry about a little extra power consumption. :D

Only you know what type of grow is going to work for you. As suggested by coffeeandherpes, look at what others are doing to get some ideas. There are dozens of stealth grow ideas out there ranging from Rubbermaid storage containers to medicine cabinets. :cool:

In order of my preference - joint(sI have an oral fixation), bong, bowls(glass then metal then wood), vaporizer(not that expensive, you can even build your own if you are on a budget), apple or pear, and lastly - toilet paper roll. :eek:

When you decide on a grow space, keep us posted. I love to see a new grow space come together.