New to weed/smokers circle...need help! :(

Discussion in 'General' started by OGKteacup, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Hello!

I started smoking weed a few weeks back after finding out there's a "smoker's circle" at work. Apparently some of my co-workers are getting pretty lit after work and I was invited to hang out one day to find out A LOT of people at my job are smoking.

However I'm in a situation now where it's making me too tired and keeping me up past my sleep. My friend now literally expects me to stay everyday after work to smoke with the rest of the circle.

Another thing is that when I started smoking with the circle, I didn't have any weed to bring since I was not a smoker... but as the sessions continued to be more often, I researched and asked around about cannabis pricing...I discovered that this was an expensive hobby.

Recently, I started bringing my own weed to the group. Even when I did not have any, I always tried to bring or buy munchies for the circle...but it started to get to be a lot.

I started to skip a few sessions with the smokers circle...and now my friend is giving me the "stink-eye"! I'm thinking to myself, how are these other people able to afford so much weed??? All of these co-workers and I are making the same amount of money... but don't they have bills or anything else?

...and I'm asking this because we are not only smoking a few bowls...or a blunt after work. They usually go through 5-6 blunts + bowls + bong hits. And...this is on a daily basis.

I don't know how they are able to do this... but I've been distancing myself from them because I feel guilty whenever I show up to a session with nothing. :(

...and it's not that I don't want to... but I just can't afford it with my tight budget.

So I was wondering what should I do? I obviously want to be a smoker... but just not as hardcore as they are. I love smoking so much... but I can't hang with them.

Any thoughts on what I should do?

2. Welcome to GC I been smoking for 18 years I learned that one hitters go along way. If your interested in continuing I would look into getting a dugout. You don't need to smoke blunt after blunt in my opinion that's a waste. I smoke a few one hitters and I'm good for few hours and repeat. Keeps tolerance mild and I'm not blowing through my stash. I would keep smoking but inform that you don't have that type of cash and offer them a hitter and just smoke your shit.

3. I'd honestly be honest with your friend say you like smoking with them but it's too expensive for you to smoke everyday.

Figure out how often you want/can afford to smoke with them and tell your friend.

If you haven't told them that they might be thinking you don't like the group or found a better group.

• Like Like x 1
  4. you are not obligated to do anything that you don't want to.

• Like Like x 8
  5. It's your choice to keep the habit.
    Honestly if you just do it for them, which it seems like what you're doing it for, is it worth the price and social construct.

For me it became a lifestyle, yeah it was expensive but I got by as a kid I made connections, I found my way to smoke a lot. Now I grow, shabooyah. It's a lifestyle, and you know when it's for you.

Don't let other people change how you live your life. Not everyone's cut out to be a functional stoner.
    I've just gotten into the habit of enjoying it and being productive.

Now you've gotta find your happy medium, how much you smoke by yourself. Usually a basic is to start with a small pipe or one hitter, because a bong or facing a rollie like a regular smoker would would probably get you too high.
    With a one hitter or pipe you'll know how much you need to get up and go or "wahtever else". and you'll be able to regulate usage a lot easier.

I smoke all the time as a medical patient, But it's also free because I provide my own goods. If you can't grow, just keep it a light habit. Or trust me you will end up hardcore like them.
    OR what you consider hardcore is just the people who smoke all their weed at once, Probably because they can all match together to smoke more, so it seems economically.

once you are tolerant you may get there though, I smoke several dabs a day usually a gram total a lot of thc.

But it's a lot more disease and smoke to pass around that's for sure. I always prefer a nice face bowl pack/

• Like Like x 1
  6. Like everyone else stated, just be honest with your friends about your budget. To me, it sounds like you're making a bigger deal than they are feeling guilty. Just enjoy yourself, everyone else is. Bring what you can, on your budget and enjoy the sessions. You're making it harder than it really is. Good luck OP.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dude knows his weed.
    Dang nigga.
    -

Listen chicky.
    Smoke or don't smoke. With or without the group. Do whatever you want but in my experience the best way to do anything is to just do it upfront.

"I got bills and shit and this job doesn't pay a lot so I can't spend a ton of cash on pot when i'm trying to save for shit."

Bang. You owe me.
    Maybe add,

"I'll you hit up and join you for a puff once in a while though.".

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Joining a gang is fun, amirite?
    :rave-girl:

9. #11 WizSteve, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    First you should be smoking only pure Sativas like Durban poison to avoid feeling tired
    you should also try vaping out at lower temps those terps are not released and you will use less.:volcano:
    I would guess a few doesn't have any bills this depends on age 22 and under they might live at home and all the money they make they spend on pot .I would also assume 1 or 2 of them deals or grows or both (unless in a legal state than everyone there is growing....)Otherwise they be spending most of there time trying to find it smoking that much lol.

To get out of the circle:passtheshit::passtheshit::bongin::passing-joint::smoking-bong::smoking-banana::hookah::passtheshit::smoking:

Find a class you take at your local collage simply tell them you have a class.:cry:
    Find a Partner/friend to spend time with .If your dating someone they will understand you not being around.
    :ladiegaga::makeup::Love-Plant::whistle::poke::hide:Bolt

10. Are you worried your friends won't think your keww, Cartman?

11. Thank you guys!!! I think I'll just be upfront with them. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. They probably do what I do. Buy in bulk. It's cheaper that way. If you pay 20 a g and you only buy a g at a time, your screwing up. Because once you reach 28 grams which is an oz, you done paid $560. Or you could buy 2 ozs, 56 grams for less then 560. Be smart about it. As in don't show up with 2 ounces. It'll get smoked tf up. Just take a j every other day and smoke at your own leisure at home. Simple

Stoner at heart

13. I hate weed junkies though. I know people who are addicted to weed. Literally. They sell all their valuables to buy weed. And when they run out of valuables they start stealing to buy weed. It's crazy. But fun too bc they hate smoking alone and my house is the smoke spot so they come here to smoke it lmfao

Stoner at heart

14. You're a chick, guys are used to chicks freeloading so don't worry about it, we don't. We can't help thinking that as long as you're around there's the off chance we'll get lucky.

15. hey what ever happened with that did you speak to them about it?

16. Don't smoke weed while at work. If all the other idiots want to do it .. let them. You don't have to join them, unless it's like .. written in your work contract or some shit.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Grow weed upside down. Never back forward.

• Like Like x 1
  18. What

Stoner at heart

• Like Like x 1