New To Vaporizing? Start Here

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by ren.dnb, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Its different, better or worse is a call the individual user needs to make for themselves. I vape some and still combust some, so I see them both as options.

• Agree Agree x 1

2. Fuck off spammer. Reported.

3. Fuck off u scammer cocksucker. Reported.

4. Thanks! for sharing your experience. This will help newbies.

5. Thanks for this post man. It would help so much in using vaporizers

6. It's not uncommon to experience dizziness, nausea, and headaches when you start vaping because your body is used to the chemicals in cigarettes. Another possible side effect could be dry mouth or throat. The reason behind this might be both the addictiveness of nicotine and the addictiveness of cigarettes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Very nice article for a old guy who has never vaped and is considering vaping.

Have not read all replies, but was wondering about the health aspect, pros and cons.

8. It is the healthiest option. Your Pulmonary system will thank you.

9. dizzyness is a big one. i had had to put up with that for a couple of weeks when i first started vaporizing. then it began to ease.

worth it!

:)

10. I'm planning on moving back to my home state of Kentucky. And they have the weirdest cannabis law. I can purchase a month's supply of cannabis. But you can't smoke it. They said in SB47 that cannabis can be used for "juicing, vaping, and decarboxylation." I'm familiar with vaping but juicing? Decarboxylation? What the heck is that? I know I'm behind on the times but I didn't think by that much. I have ordered Rick Simpson's book on making his oil. But here is the catch. Concentrates can't have more than 35% THC. If I make my own oil, how am I suppose to keep that under 35%?

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. I recommend checking out fuckcombustion.com . Lots of knowledgeable people on there in regards to vaporizers. I also personally recommend a da buddha vaporizer, it's a great starter setup. You'll learn how different temps and sucking at different rates (slow or fast) will effect the thickness and flavor of the hit. Vaporizers extract amazing flavor from your herbs.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I heard the same thing in Pennsylvania that you can't smoke it but when I looked up what they do to you IF you smoke it, I couldn't find anything. Lol but seriously vaping it is great, maybe even better bc you save money on weed using the avb as edibles. That's weird about just 35% thc though...for concentrates??? Lol but who is going to be in your house measuring your thc level or whether you smoke or vape it? Whatever you gotta do to feel better...I wouldn't worry about it lol.
    Best of everything though!

• Like Like x 1
  13. I've been looking at the desktop vaporizers. They look like they are a lot easier to use instead of filling up a vape cart. That could become a pain. And speaking of pain, my hands just did the dishes and I feel like they have been beating with a bat. I just ordered more Delta 8 and it can't get here fast enough.

• Like Like x 1
  14. So true. The dispensaries in Kentucky are supposed to be run by the state. I wished I had stopped goofing off in high school and went to college so I could have earned some money so I could live in a real free state like Illinois. At least I could have grown my own there.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Funny that they mention it can be used for juicing, when I don't see any legislation allowing for growing at home. Do they honestly expect dispensaries to sell fresh leaves for juicing? Someone who isn't an idiot should write these laws.

Anyways, juicing is exactly what it sounds like, you run cannabis leaves through a masticating juicer, and get this really healthy shot of nasty ass juice. Super good for chronic inflammatory conditions, but impractical to do daily without a sizable grow.

Decarboxylation, or decarb for short, is just removing a carboxyl group from the plant-acid THCA thus turning it into delta 9 THC. This is done with heat to prepare buds for edibles.

Nobody is going to test your home made RSO, don't worry about all that noise.

• Like Like x 1
  16. They are going to "state-run" dispensaries. I don't know about that. I just wish they would just legalize it. Damn, the only reason why it was made illegal to start out with was so Nixon could get public support for a war he ended up losing to start out with. All of those lives were wasted for nothing. Sorry, squirrel! I'm taking a chance just by using Delta 8 to control my arthritis pain. I have been off of it for a month and my entire body feels like it had been run over by a dump truck. I asked my doctor if he would prescribe me some pain meds and I got a big fat no. I have to have a lumbar puncture tomorrow to see if I have Alzheimer's Disease and I will get the results the next day. If I don't have it, I think I will move to a more weed-friendly state. I would love to move to Illinois but I might be in the same boat there that I am here. The landlord will probably tell me no smoking, and no growing, or even no weed at all.

• Friendly Friendly x 1

17. Use it!
    Its not hard to learn extraction
    The edibles thread has @BrassNwood and other pinned threads with folks who can answer questions
    Getting your hands on materials is the problem

Decarb is putting flower or concentrate in the oven at 240f (115c) for 40 minutes
    Crush it up if it's flower and put it on toast with butter or just put a dab on the toast if its concentrate
    Buckle up and step into the way back machine

Juicing cannabis has a cult following
    You need to grow to do this
    The video I saw had the presenter juicing a cola that was more than i use in 6 months
    Was actually tough to watch, stares at dispo popcorn nugs wondering if the video was cgi

18. I definately recommend desktop vaporizers over portable ones for home use. Which ever vaporizer you choose, I would look into a review or two and maybe a video before choosing a vaporizer. That way you have an idea of how it works and if it seems like the best choice/most appealing to you. I'm personally using the Elev8r e-coil edition, made by the same company that makes the Da Buddha. The thing I like about the Elev8r (w/e-coil), is it's meant to be used with a water pipe/bong. The designs of the vaporizers are very different and offer a different overall experience. Vaping buds is also a very different experience from smoking, that being said, I prefer it in every aspect.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I contemplated starting to vaporize and decided to consult with my father. He has a HUGE amount of experience in this business. As he says, he has tried everything that smokes and smoked things that shouldn't. But his choice fell on cigars, I don't know, maybe it has to do with the fact that the rest just doesn't bring him any pleasure. He didn't give me any specific advice, he said until I try everything myself, I won't know what's really "mine". So I think it's best to start with vapes

• Like Like x 1
  20. You have three main routes to go for indoor desktop units, which is the kind you should be looking at as they tend to work better than portables; Box vapes like the vaporbrothers, ball vapes like the b0, or bag vapes like the volcano. Ball vapes are the hip new thing, and seem to work pretty well, but bag and box vapes are a little safer to use.