New To Vaporizing? Start Here

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by ren.dnb, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Looking to switch over to vaporizer. Any good vaporiser in $60-70 range that someone can recommend? I was gonna go with pulsar apx. But I'm keeping my ears open if there are some other options which are feasible.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. This thread is old, I know, but I have a question anyway. I just got the G Pen Elite, and I think I like it. It doesn't put out much vapor, virtually none but a few puffs of it. But I do get good results from it. I just wish it would last longer. I find I'm using a lot of herb. Does vaping on lower temperatures make the herb last longer? How many of you have/ever had this particular vape, and do you like it?
    Also, please don't laugh, but I once saw someone post about used herb grinds being used to cook with. Is that real or was that person kidding? I personally would love to extend my weed that way if that is an option.
    Thanks in advance!!!

3. Хорошо все описал, красавчик!

4. I use to save all my vaped material and make butter out of it. Think that vaporizer was good along time ago you can prob vape the bud till it turns orange or stops giving off vapor. I’m a snob so when it turns orange I dump it in my jar n reload.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for your reply! At this point I use it all the time, and only until it turns off(which it does after five minutes I think) and that's when I'll dump the brown leftovers into my little container. I have been cooking with them and it's worked great. I may buy the Pax 3 whenever I can afford it. These things are expensive but I like the added bonus of being able to make edibles with the leftovers.

6. I've heard gpens can be dangerous because they can put off plastic fumes and stuff like that. Not saying that to knock your purchase at all but I'd highly recommend looking into it for your own safety

7. I have the boundless cfx big like the mighty but works amazing.

8. When choosing a vaporizer with either conduction or convection, what about hybrid?

9. #329 Egzoset, Oct 26, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    Salutations RoP,

Lets consider there normally are 3 heat vectors: conductive, radiative and convective.

Ideally the conductive type should be restricted to a brief "Pre-Heating" phase and never involve extended heat exposure as this obviously happens to promote "baking"/"cooking", which is a typical feature of slow/steady (Thermostatic) Hot Dry Air Ovenizers: in other words conduction mode applies globally while it denatures/adulterates a cannabis load. Such method fails to differentiate between vegetal tissue and noble molecules conveniently gathered in trichome glands, which i consider to waste a precious gift of nature.

In comparison radiative energy can reach line-of-sight surfaces instantaneously (at light speed), even through glass (at least in principle); this may prove useful during a Pre-Heating phase which needs to be made brief, though efficiency gradually diminishes unless the cannabic load gets frequently submitted to stirring, to spread exposure more evenly, because once it hits a contact surface the heat gets partly converted as conduction heat which moves a much slower rate in matter.

The last type popularized as "convection" usually relies on Hot Dry Air to rapidly soak a bowl where it behaves both as some "Release" (atomizer) and "Transport" agent. One reason why this is prefered must be related to the simple fact that a "fumet" leaves its bowl swifly at airflow speed, hence substracting this load to thermal exposure the instant microscopic airborne particles are extracted from a bowl's entire volume.

All 3 heat vectors generally combine into characteristic patterns which result as variance of a given consumption method & associated ritual. Generally speaking, at that point conditioning comes to play and that's when the user may finally begin to perceive subtilities relative to residual temperature and moisture.

Most unfortunately most designs revolve around on-the-self components that conveniently solve a manufacturer's agenda 1st, e.g. even before these begin to address the primary objective of any vaporist, which is to transfer noble molecules (naturally filtered on a molecular basis!) to a lungs-friendly cannabic stream of air mixed with invisible droplets tiny enough to pass the alveolar barrier making contact with their bloodstream. Obviously such organic gas-transfer system imposes safety restrictions while the ritual can be expected to shape a person's consumption profile.

The challenge boils down to choosing a succesfully adapted combination of all 3 heat vectors + fumet conditioning and ritual that won't promote abuse until a "Tolerance Break" becomes necessary, hopefully with aroma/taste appreciation and "conservation" (doing more with less) as a bonus...

Rest assured the vaporizer/e-Cig market has plenty of products for you to evaluate without ever really finding the one that shall feel satisfying until you die of old age! Hence luck is another typical item the average vaporist requires as well. Briefly put, success usually depends on finding an adapted/suitable set of heat vectors (and possibly conditioning) able to properly complement each other in a design initially centered on a handful components found in some pre-existing inventory of a factory, which is how most devices end up being a "black-box" where a bowl's noble molecules get scrambled with fegetal debris potentially impregnated with contaminants, the later contributing to a visual boost popularized as monster clouds.

Good day, have fun!! :D

10. Sapphire is back with a new exciting series of graphics cards called "Vapor-X" which has a very special cooling solution. In this review I will be taking a look at the Sapphire Vapor-X HD 5750 card.

11. Professional Tech For Your Business

12. Which vaporizer charges through USB and can still be used while it's being charged?

13. Yeah I might have to do that... Thanks for the suggestion =)

14. The puffco peak can but its concentrate only.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Hey people I want to start with the vaporizers and I don't know where to get a good one. There are many pro internet sites but I don't know which is good or not, I found this one that has a good price growshopexpress.es What do you use or where do you buy them?

16. What about a vape pen? Are there any vape pens that can still be used while being charged?

17. Personally, I really like the Dry Herb style vaporizers. These are really easy on the lungs and heats it to a point where it's just hot enough to vaporize. Big fan of these since they're easy to carry around too.

18. I don't know of any actually.

19. Hi, everyone.....I am new to this forum/site and new to medical cannabis use. I have used tinctures and the "cartridge oil vape", but have not yet tried the "dry herb vaporizers". I would like to receive your comments on how the cannabis smoking experience differs between the oil cartridge vape and the dry herb vape. It is my understanding the dry herb vaporizer will provide more of the entourage effect, and provide a broader exposure to all that the cannabis flower/bud has to offer.

Right now I am considering the purchase of either a MIG Khan or the Arizer Solo 2, as they seem to be good products and provide good value for the price.

Thank you in advance for you comments Love this forum !

• Like Like x 2
  20. welcome sir!

first off, I'd like to say that the Arizer Solo II is pretty much my most-recommended dry herb vape to members of this site. as far as bang for your buck and ease of maintenance, it's just about unbeatable.

as far as how the effect and experience differ, it's all in the eye of the beholder!
    I much prefer the effects of a dry herb vape to a cartridge, though I use both regularly.
    I'd say the stone from a herb vape is more "well-rounded" than that of a cartridge high. those often feel kind of flat or monotone to me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1