New To Vaporizing? Start Here

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by ren.dnb, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Just bought a vape. Can you tell me some very simple things? How often to clean it. How long does it go before it will need a charge on my PC outside?

How long does a bowl last? How hard and how full exactly are you drawing, and how many times for a bowl?

best to fill to brim or less?
    Thanks

2. Its a fenix convection Weecke-Fenix-Convection Dry-Vaporizer(Puri5)4th-gen
    Sorry

3. How do you know when the bowl is done?

4. #265 Vapopro22, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    I was trying many great products but if you ever looking for the best out there you can just visit vaporizer Arizer. I can recommend this and many other shops but nothing near

5. #266 Bayarea4, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    Light Sweet Crude, I would clean your vape with alcohol and a swab after every other session, or whenever you notice residue building up on the mouthpiece. You should lightly pack the bowl, but don't fill the chamber all the way to the top. Your material should be finely ground. I have a different vape from yours (an Atmos Jump), but I'm finding I can get one or two sessions from each bowl. My chamber holds only about 1/8 of a teaspoon, though. If your heating chamber is larger, you might get more sessions from it. But once the material turns golden brown, you should change it. Save the vaped material, and you can use it to make cannabutter.

6. "How do you know when the bowl is done?" When all the material is golden brown and there isn't enough THC left to get you baked. Also, Light Sweet Crude, here's the answer to your question about the draw. Don't pull hard as you would on a bong. Just take short puffs and breath in and out naturally. There's no need to hold the vapor in your lungs, either.

7. Looking for some input. Don't feel like it merits a new thread.

Finally caving in and picking up a dry herb vape. It will be used exclusively for dry herb. Never concentrates, never e-liquids.

It will travel frequently but in areas where vapes are pretty trendy, so it doesn't have to be super stealthy. Budget isn't really an issue but I'd prefer it to not be $500. I have a high tolerance and it will likely be used frequently. I clean my pieces regularly so the maintenance shouldn't be an issue. Removable battery is a plus.

Here is what I was thinking:

At the top of my list is the Firefly 2. (Like the reviews for it, removable battery, don't like the see through herb area but it could be worse, a bit pricey.)

Then we have the Pax 3. (Really like the deep pack, the relatively low price point. Don't need all the extra dab stuff.)

And finally the DaVinci IQ (Love the design - Stealthy af, Ceramic Zirconia vapor path, like the price point. As I type this, the IQ is creeping slowly past the Firefly 2.)

I'll take any input anyone would like to give. I'll consider other models no problem. I'll also be perusing the previous pages of this thread for info.

:thankyou:

8. Hi every one!
    i could recommend greenlightvapes or cube all chinese and found on alibaba.com its around 40 usd plus dhal shipping with is about the same prize as the vaporizers, these r great product and not even comparable to any vapepen, i spent a lot of money buying shit pens from dr dabber(that if u compare it to the vaporizers with maybe isn't fair to begin with, any who. great products, for a even greater price, green light vapes r actually the same as dabbed, or so i was told and green light old vaporizer looks spot on exactly the same, green light got a new model now that i just bought n its absolutely lovely!
    peace

9. Do vaporizer have the same high as smoking from a bowl? Also my family mainly complains about the smell so this would not really be that detectable smell wise?

10. #271 Anything surprise me, Jul 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    2fff123

11. Pardon my ignorance, but what is an MFLB?

12. Great stuff bro! I'm vaporizing aswell but i make my own concentrate from pure industrial ethanol and it obviously has its benefits to vape, both herbs and concentrate,herbs for getting the right temperature and... well thats all i can come up with, I'm just not getting the whole idea o vaporizing dry herb as for a newbie it seems like u might swell smoke it as it gets hot and smoke comes out of it, whats the advantages accept for the obviously ones, which to my knowledge only is u don't need a bong and a lighter.as far as vaping concentrate goes its easier to bring with u, doesn't smell anything or at least very little compared to when u smoke dry herb, i do miss the flavors with vaping concentrate but i do it stritcly for medicine purpose, cronic pain. So plz enlighten me why its better to vape dry herb then to smoke it regularly? I've tried some different vaporizing gear before deciding on going for the concentrate, maybe my vaporizers where really shitty but i didn't notice any real difference between smoking it regularly and vaping dry herb, all this is written with good vibes bro nothing to argue against u sense i have no knowledge what so ever about what I'm talking about exept for the little experience i had before deciding on making concentrate. i do grow my own and maybe it fits my needs better to vape dry herbs if i just get the proper tool for it and understand its benefits. i did go with the concentrate cuz of two things, it doesn't smell that much smoking it and its easier to stash away 50ml of concentrate from the popo then half a kilo of weed, they wouldn't even know what they where looking for if it was in front of their nose, I've already had one warrant and they r never pleasant , not weed related tho but i can imagine that sense its illegal half a kilo of weed is not a good thing i the pigs find it...

13. So I recently got a Yocan Cerum for oil, and was just tickled at how well it worked just at first. Then a few days of repeated use passed, and I found the dark side of the wax vaporizer: it just started tasting bad, and I couldn't get the taste out even with an alcohol soak. Luckily the thing came with two atomizers, so I just decided to chuck the original and move on. Anyway, I just placed an order for more coils, and decided to try the slightly more expensive ceramic donut atomizers instead of the dual quartz. I have two questions about the ceramic donuts:

1. Does it matter where the oil is placed? I haven't received them yet so haven't seen them in person. But will I be putting the concentrate on the raised "donut" edge, or in the central well? Does it matter?

2. Yocan's website lists the Cerum as for wax AND dry herb, but it clearly cannot work with dry herb with the dual quartz crystal atomizers included in the package. I don't know much about how ceramic donuts work differently than the quartz atomizers, but I have noticed ceramic donut atomizers used with some products marketed as dry herb vaporizers. The Cerum's tank would have no way to keep the flower from being in direct contact with the ceramic heating element, so am I correct in assuming that this would likely lead to combustion? It's not likely that switching to the ceramic donut will be all it takes to convert this to a decent dry herb vape, is it?

Thanks for any help :)

Also:
    I'm a real novice when it comes to current vaporizer technology...but I think what you'd have there would be the Magic Flight Launch Box, or something like that. A pretty popular, very small dry herb vaporizer. Not having used it, I can't make any claims about it being good or bad, but I've heard very different reactions from different people.

14. Hello everybody,

I am quitting smoking and I started to use the Volcano Classic instead of smoking spliffs.
    However, I find it quite frustrating and not what I expected.

I was told that the Volcano Classic is the best vaporizer and that it should save me a ton of weed for a better effect. That is not what's going on.

I've tried many settings but I've never been fully satisfied. Could you please tell me what I am doing wrong?

1) I usually prepare the weed by grinding it. I put as much as I used to put in a joint.
    2) When I put it in the chamber, it covers the filter but doesn't fill the chamber at all. I tried with more weed, or by covering up the previous stash, layer by layer and stirring. As I don't feel any difference whether I put large quantities or small, I use small quantities now.
    3) Then, I heat up the balloon. I have tried two ways :
    a- I put a very small quantity and heat it at 9. This fills about two balloons.
    b- I put twice as much, then heat it at 7. This is about two balloons, and then I move up to 9 and get another couple of bags.

So, I'm quite surprised that the effect isn't that strong.
    I'm surprised that I am not saving weed at all (I use almost twice as much weed as I used to with joints, and I'm not baked, I just stop because I'm tired of wasting weed).
    Also, the Volcano is "leaking". It means that there is vape coming out of the chamber on the side and not going into the balloon. I already sent the volcano back to the manufacturer, who could not find anything wrong but sent a new one nonetheless. Since this one "leaks" too, I assume that I am doing something wrong, but what?

Would you have any comments or advice?

Thank you for your time.

15. Thanks for explaining what MFLB is, tianlin. I think you're right.

16. Wow!! I learned so much about vaping. Thank you for your post.

17. My main vapes are the Pax 3 and MFLB. I have The Orbiter(water piece) for the MFLB, which makes a pretty awesome setup, along with the power adapter, which means I don't have to rely on batteries, or wait for them to charge, and I can give it about 5x the heat if I want to(you don't want to.) I have also have a water adapter for the Pax 3, but I've found my dab rig makes a better water piece for that, though they both work. I love the Pax 3 personally. Only have to clean it once every couple weeks. Can cram .5 in there if I want to. But I think I overall like the MFLB the most, which I don't normally use through water. It's hard to learn, but there are multiple techniques for using it, and if you master them, you can recreate the hits of various other vapes. Plus, it's $125, or $140 off the website if you want it with a power adapter instead of batteries(much better deal.) And they replace them for life. Even if you drop it or the reason it broke was your fault. The only cases where they won't replace it are if they think you intentionally tried to destroy it. And even then, if it's your first box, just say, "it fell on the floor, I didn't notice, and I accidentally stepped on it." I know people on their seventh or eighth boxes. I'm on my second.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. I have read/heard very positive things about V2's series 3 3in1 vape. Apparently the herb compartment is very good at vaping properly rather than combusting, anyone got experience with this one?

19. V2 being the company best known for counterfeit Chinese Grenco knockoffs? Or is there a V2 I don't know about?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum