New To Vaporizing? Start Here

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by ren.dnb, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Didn't realize it was that high of quality. Sweet.

2. Yeah I wouldn't say it's a beginner vape at all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. This thing is sweet. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426144018.895457.jpg

4. (Not shitting. I'm at a friend's house and his parents are home.)

5. Okay so im literally brand new here. Didnt know where else to go with this question. i apologize if im in the wrong thread. Im 18. used to smoke pretty frequently when i was 15 or 16 years old. havent been high in just about 2 years. but anyway heres the thing. i have a vape pen. and i recently acquired half a gram of dabs for doing a buddy a favor. i went to my local vape shop and picked up a clearomizer tank called the wax-T for my ego battery. how much of the dab should I vape for the first time? how stoned will I be and for how long? i know everyone reacts differently but im just trying to get an idea. any thoughts? thanks.

6. #186 ganjatree47, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
    bad idea going straight to wax. i made that mistake after I had to stop smoking for 6 months. just go buy some weed and stash the oil until you get your T up a bit thats all i can give you man. you can try taking a couple hits out a g pen actually, but don't take like a fat dab off a rig thats what i did  haha [​IMG]

7. #188 lwien, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015

You've spammed multiple threads with this crap.     You didn't buy anything.   You are, in fact, a shill and what you are shilling is cheap Chinese made knockoff junk.

Edit:   He's been banned.  [​IMG]

8. I have crafty that I love, but what can I use for vaping hash and hash oil? Would like to load a lot in for the day when out.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Don't buy yocan... I bought one... It broke after a month and customer service won't call or email me back... I call customer service and get a answering machine... Not Happy!!!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

10. i tried herb before , but now i m using the subtank mini and oil , taste good

11. Thanks, very informative for a new member in the vaporizer club. I should of read this before I went and picked one out but oh well. I pretty much knew what I wanted and I knew what my budget was.

Picked up a Summit Vapium.

12. I can't get wax in Ireland.. can I make it ..

13. I'm looking for one that I can swap out chambers for traditional e-liquids and wax/shatter. What would you guys recommend, and is there a particular online store that would sell a kit with both that you might recommend as well?

14. The haze sounds like a good fit for you. Capable of doing dry herb, concentrates , and e liquids.

15. Hmmm it must be me but my gpro grenco science gets me a nice high, but I was tempted by a buddy of mines blunt I decided to smoke. Man oh man did I feel like I was floating.

My gpro never had me that way and makes me wonder should I just buy a desktop to get that real high like from combustion?

16. Vaping is a "real high" too, it's just a different high. I prefer the vape high, which makes me feel more creative, energetic, and not paranoid compared to smoking. I feel it more in my 3rd eye and less as tightness in my chest.

But your story is typical. Most people who try vaping go back to smoking. No shame in that, as long as you are comfortable with the potential health risks of combustion.

17. i think I'll just combust on special couch locked occasions lol. But vaping do have me more pleasant high especially at work lol

18. you have to stop smoking for at least three weeks to get the full effects of vapor

19. Nah, that's a myth we use to placate the "I bought a vape but it doesn't get me as high as smoking" crowd.

I think the phenomenon you describe (and I do have anecdotal experience of it myself, you're not crazy) has more to do with acquiring the taste for the very different vape high. A (very poor) analogy would be, if you are a beer drinker and then switch to wine, you might miss beer for a few weeks. It's not that the wine doesn't have alcohol in it and isn't getting you drunk; rather it is that you are in the process of acquiring a taste for the new experience, and you miss your old familiar beer habit.

Also people who switch to vaping are often coming from a place of being chronic smokers with a high tolerance (and maybe that is why they want to make the switch, for health reasons perhaps). So the three-week adjustment period might just be their tolerance dropping enough to enjoy the lower THC output of whatever vape they selected. You can't switch from 50 bong hits a day to a MFLB for example (a vape that is commonly recommended to beginners on this forum) and expect to get enough THC to maintain your tolerance levels. So you are going to have a couple of weeks of withdrawal while your body adjusts to the lower dosage.

But all that is a lot to say and goes over most people's heads. So when people ask me, I usually just say the same as you. "Oh yeah, give vaping-only a few weeks to clean the crap out of your lungs." I care about my friends' health, so if a little white lie keeps them off smoking, I consider that to serve the greater good. ;)