New to Vaping advice?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by KYcannabisClub, May 22, 2017.

1. Hey everyone, so I'm a long time toker but recently have chosen to jump to the "healthier" method of medicating. Today I picked up an Dry Herb APX Pulsar from my local shop and basically attempted to give myself a crash course in the matter. But as we all know experience is key, so I have 2 questions. One does anyone have any experience and or tips for this device or vaping in general. My Second question is how do I know when my herb is essentially spent. I have gone through 2 cycles of 5 min on a full tank and I am still getting some vape, but I'm not sure if it's just the dry herb getting hot and almost combusting or if it's still residual thc. I vape on the highest setting ( 428F ) as I've read gets you the strongest high. As I'm in a non law friendly state my herb is hard to come by and I don't want to waste any of it. Thanks for all the help in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 cochiseg, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
    you can vape your herb to a different degree it is a matter of taste...

When I first started i wanted to be sure id use it all so id bring it almost to a 70% (edit : 90% is the color i meant) dark chocolate color... thats the darkest youll want to reach... now i bring it to more than caramel but milk chocolate color at most. It can have some yellow or maybe a few green sparkles in it if i didnt mix it well.

I do not know the device you named but if the color of the ABV is too light or youd like to take the taste a bit further, drag the air the slowest you can (i think portables are burn resistant, but dragging slower does bring more vapour (and uses less battery because more air means more energy to make heat)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Awesome, thanks for all the great information !!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. about the slow drag thing, do not go the slowest you could drag air at first, slow down progressively as you seen the color get darker, also a clogued air path will ask you to pull stronger for same air flow (so if you pull too slow you may not realised its clogued before it burns, your device may be adjusting temperature so it doesnt burn, however, I think most battery device should do it... I would not want combustion happening inside a portable)