New to vaping, a few questions

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by LeninsCat, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Hello, this is my first post here, so go easy on me :)

I've been a smoker for over 10 years. For my birthday which was a week or so ago, my wife bought me my first vaporizer. It's pretty much this model: Top-Vapor VP500 : Shiva Head Shop

I know this is a cheap one, as we didn't want to spend a lot of money at first. I do however have a few questions. I'm sorry if I'm repeating questions which have been asked plenty of times before. First of all, the instructions say to let it vape for 3 minutes and then smoke. Is this long enough, or should I let it heat the bud for longer? The unit doesn't have a temperature gauge or settings, so I think that's going to be trial and error. With a vaporizer such as this, is it better to set it lower, middle or higher?

The reasons for my questions is that I'm not sure if I'm doing it right seeing as I am not getting as baked as I normally would from smoking. Sure, it's a nice mild high but doesn't seem to pack the same punch as I am used to.

If anyone can answer these questions or additionally give some added tips to this n00b, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)