Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New to this!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by roanchasan, Mar 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. #1 roanchasan, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    Hello Everyone.
    Is there any easy way, even a tablet maybe an excel table something like that, that can help me to understand the amount of THC an edible might have? regardless of the edible.

Thank you!

2. LOL you mean an edible! An editable can have 00000.0001 MG of THC one minute and a million in the next.

Edibles contain THC in milligrams About 300 mg sets me straight.

3. come on man!! I just ate something LOL

4. Besides I have an accent :)

5. But basically what I am trying to understand this whole mg/ml/% if I have let's say some concentrated oil and I want to cook with that, how do I know the amount of oil I should use base on the amount of cookies I am making and the potency that the final product will have, make sense???

So if I make one batch and I have 24 cookies at the end, how do I know the amount of mg/ml or % of thc the cookies are going to have?

In the case of mg or ml, how that translate to % of THC?

Thank you!

6. Divide the total amount you used by 24, and that is the amount per cookie. For example, if you use 240mg of THC in total, for a batch of 24 cookies, you'll end up with 10mg of THC per cookie (a good starter dose). ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. You need a few pieces of information.

% THC of the strain you are using
    Amount of weed in grams (makes the math easier)

So lets say you are using 28g (1 oz) of a 20% strain. The total weight is going to be 5.6g of THC (28 x .2) If you then make 2 cups of oil with it and assume an 80% absorption rate, then that 2C will have 4.48g of THC.

If the recipe you are using calls for 1/2C of oil, then you are putting 1.12g of THC in the batch. If it makes you 20 brownies, then each brownie should have 56mg of THC.

This is a rough approximation as we have no way to measure the absorption rate. Also just because we use a 20% strain doesn't mean the actual weed we use will be 20%. Commercial kitchen will measure the THC in the oil, but even then it might not be distributed equally so you might get one edible that will knock you on your ass and another that does very little out of the same batch.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thank you for the reply, now I understand and I am familiar with that equation, but what % of THC each cookie will have in that case? I read another post that edibles are measured by mg, so if I understood correctly, based on your post each cookie will have 10mg of THC and end of the story? or there is something else I will need to do in order to find out the actual % of THC?

thank you.

9. THANK YOU!
    Let me share with you how all this came up and hopefully, you can enlighten me better.

A friend is making some gummies, the mold he uses has 50 gummies, in liquid those 50 gummies are the equivalent to 1/2 cup of liquid (water and the Jell-O and whatever else he uses) this half cup is around 118ml, now he is not using cooking oil, he is using concentrated oil that dark brown one and its has 26.3mg/ml of THC, what we are trying to figure out is at the end how much THC each gummy will have, one last thing the gummies are just the regular size gummy nothing crazy.

Please help!
    My math teacher will be so unhappy with me if she ever reads this...

10. How much of your concentrated oil are you using in that 1/2 cup of liquid? You would just multiply the number of ml you used times 26.3mg then divide that by 50 gummies. For instance, 15ml of your oil will give give you 50 gummies at 7.9mg each. If you know the total being used then you just divide it by the number of servings. You can also weigh your edible then divide that into your total cannabinoids to find the mg per gram then weigh the cookie. That's a good one for cookies or other items that may not be a consistent size. You would need 30ml of your oil to make fifty 15mg gummies.

I hope you were able to follow that. :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. If the oil has 26.3mg/ml of THC, and your friend uses 19ml of that oil, then he will have 26.3 x 19 = 500 mg of THC in total. If he uses that liquid to make 50 gummies, each gummie will have 500 / 50 = 10mg of THC. 10mg is the "recommended serving size" in legal states like Colorado and a safe choice for beginners.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Thank you for your respond, by the way he is in Canada, I am in Miami, FL.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thank you for all your help, I got it and I passed it on to him.

14. One more question before you go to sleep..

My friend just told me that he will be using a "tea" he made a few days ago, basically, he took 3 grams of flowers (18%THC) and made 1 liter of tea, he is using that tea to cook the jell-o for the gummies, he will need around 45ml of tea in order to make the mix and around 8ml of oil, so for 1million dollar and a life of gratitude, how much THC do you estimate each gummy will have?

Thank you very much.

15. The word "tea" means different things to different people. If you are saying that your friend poured 1 liter of boiling water over 3 grams of herb, then he made 1 liter of herbal-tasting water with little-to-no potency.

• Like Like x 1
  16. The "tea" will not add any cannabinoids to the gummies, just some water soluble compounds. The only ones will be from the oil and each gummy will be 4.2mg each. :mellow:

17. Thank you for your reply, here is what he is telling me after he made the tea which by the way I am using the word tea as the tea you can drink at Starbucks, he actually experimented and made some gummies with some of that water (40ml of infused water) and he is telling me that he ate 4 gummies and he got high, not crazy high but a "decent" high nonetheless.

any opinion??

18. Thank you for your reply, here is what he is telling me after he made the tea and he actually experimented and made some gummies with some of that water (40ml of infused water) and he is telling me that he ate 4 gummies and he got high, not crazy high but a "decent" high nonetheless.

what do you think??

19. He said that he actually decarb the flowers before making the tea and he assures me that he was high, do you think the decarb contribute to anything?

20. No, unless he used some form of fat in the tea. Cannabinoids are not extracted with water and that is a fact, decarbed or not. However, there is a little "buzz" from the other water soluble compounds in the flowers. It can be very relaxing but without milk. butter/oil or some other fat.it won't extract cannabinoids. Sorry, but that's science. :confused_2:

• Like Like x 2