new to the site and growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by UncleSammy, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Hi everyone, I have recently started my first plant from bag seed. I have been using this site to aid me and i think its going great. I have a few questions,
    Are there signs to tell me when its in its vegatative stage? And I would like some imput on how my plant looks. Its 10 days old. thanks

Sam

Attached Files:

2. looking good your veging

3. You are in veg stage now, that's everything from when then seedling pokes its head through the soil until you start flowering.

Plant looks fine. What kind of soil is that? How often and how much do you water? Soil looks bone dry.

4. yea ive had a problem with the soil drying out to fast, that picture was right before i watered it. It drys out after about a day and a half. I'm going to start adding about 400ml at a time. Do you know of anything that i could do to help the soil hold water? And also is 400ml every two days a good watering cycle?

5. Watering advice is not by the ounce, its by needs of the soil and plant. When you water, water thoroughly, until water trickles out of the drainage holes at the bottom of the pot. Don't water again until the interior soil is dry, which you can test by sticking a finger down to the 2nd knuckle or so.

What kind of soil is it?

6. the soil is garden soil with peat moss. I just planted it into a bigger pot to help hold some water. I think that will help.

7. Make sure in your new pot you fill the soil all the way to the top aswell this time, good luck