New to the game

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by shootenemup07, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Decided to start growing with my buddy to save a little money for college (hopefully alot). We live in Canada (specifically Ontario) and plan to grow outdoors. After reading through the forums for several days and taking in the abundance of info, i just have a couple of questions. we plan on growing around 12 plants figuring were going loose some in the process. Having 4 spots around the grow area consisting of 3 plants each. I have a small spot in my closet in which we plan on sprouting our seeds and looking after them before the final moving.

-What lighting is recommended (do i need to buy an expensive indoor growing light even though ill be transporting them outside.)

- how long is the indoor growing period and what should i look for when to start to transfer outdoor

- what are the basic requirements for growing (soil, food, hormones..products)

-will a height of about 2 feet be efficient for growing before i transfer them outdoors

-any other links regarding the first couple of lighting schedules that might be helpful

p.s. we plan on doing a growing diary and posting our problems/pics, so more question to come and the help would be greatly appreciated

2. To answer all your questions someone would have to write a grow guide. Wait a minute, someone already did. Check the sticky posts at the top of the GC forums and do lots of reading, you have to educate yourself to be a MJ grower.

To veg indoors for plants that will be going outside cheap CFLs "daylight" spectrum should be fine.