new to the game but not to the sport.nute burn?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by johnman2880, Jun 5, 2011.

1. #1 johnman2880, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2011
    I got 2 plants here and ive grown before but many moons ago.1 is healthy and going great but the other has yellowing on the leaves and browning in some spots on leave edges.Im using fluoresent lights and i keep my plants 2 inches from them so i dont think its burning from heat.i used potting soil i grabbed at wally world and it already has fert in it for 6 months it says.but i used liquid miracle grow for a couple waterings and then this happened so i flushed it out and it looks like its coming back but i only flushed with a gallon so i dunno if i need to flush it more or not?ive been using tap water thats sat out a couple days so chlorine shouldnt be a factor but i dont have a ph tester yet(im working on it).these plants were planted at the same time but the soil is different so im thinking its the soil itself but ive also havnt seen anyone on here using miracle grow so is it not good to use???ive used it before but i also didnt use soil already ferted.i need any help i can get! thanks in advance.please help my gerls! :( ..o i also seen a couple gnats flying round so i treated the plants but if it were pests you would think both plants would show signs.and i would like to know if i should trim the leaves of or not.

Attached Files:

2. I don't see anything that really looks like nutrient burn. Nute burn starts at the tips of the lowest and oldest leaves and spreads from there. If there is burn, the pod leaves will be affected first and the tips of the single-bladed leaves will follow.

3. it seemed to start on the lower leaves and work its way up.i dont think it could be a nitrogen def though?...theres already fert in the soil and i gave it miracle grow

4. #4 frank drebin, Jun 5, 2011
    No expert, but like jellyman says they do look pretty healthy mate. Especially that 2nd pic.

But i think the soil may be that little bit too rich for the young ones. Are they diff strains, could explain why one is fine and the other is struggling

Wouldnt touch MG myself , read too many bad things about it. Too harsh, too chemically. Try go with the canna friendly brands.

Cant provide a link, but im pretty sure i remember someone explaining that MG actually contains something that can be quite detremental to mj.

As far as i know mircle grow is very cheap......... Its very true you get what you pay for.

Ignore this. BS. {when it comes to mj anyway}

There is no way u should need to flush a plant that young mate. Shouldnt need to do it in soil at all. Either back off on the dosage or just water with plain water.

5. #5 akhans, Jun 5, 2011
    Lol, I'm a dumbass. After seeing the enlarged pic, I think they're fine. It's just the lighting I guess. I'll leave my post up anyway though.

That's my guess: Nitrogen Deficiency caused by pH lockout. Don't add any nutrients until this is fixed. Do you pH test your water?

Also, this is where having MG soil with "time release nutrients" bites you in the ass. Those are just little balls of fertilizer coated with a shell that dissolves in water, the theory being they can take the average rainfall of 6 months from who knows where before they release.

And that causes a problem for MJ growers because the solution to fixing pH lockout is to flush your soil with soil to get rid of any harmful salt build up as well as get your pH to the proper point. Which tends to burst all your "time release nutes" at once. THEN you'll have nute burn :p

6. I bet thats what happened the balls of nutes all burst at the same time or at least alot of them.next time i will use a better soil and mix it myself i seen a good recipe online using perlite and worm castings an some other stuff.im using just water on the bad plant and it looks more alert and her tits are starting to perk up :) so hopefully it will get back on track and get big.the second plant is fine i just put that pic on here to show you their the same strain and their both growing differently.so looks like the second is gona be a mommy soon :) ill clone her if shes a female(i still have to sex them) how soon before i can 12/12 light cycle an sex them then re veg?