New to the forums - good setup??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Green_Manotaur, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Hey all,

First time poster. I've been reading a lot of the articles on the site and you guys are incredibly helpful. I've had a few friends who grew in the past and I've taken careful notes as to what worked well.

So, I come to you with open ears...what is going to be the best setup for me? Lemme tell you what I'm working with:

I live in a duplex with a couple other guys who are totally cool with my plans. The neighbors downstairs probably wouldn't like it too much though. My room is at the very top of the building and I will be sectioning off a part of it for the grow area. Specifically, my dimensions are 5'(L)x5'(W)x6.5'(H). I plan to grow 6 plants. My W&L dimensions are slightly flexible but the room slopes down so I loose heighth. Is this enough/too much space for 6 plants?

Also, I have a couple questions about lighting. How many watts do I need per plant? From the growing friends I've heard that a switchable 600w HPS/MH setup would be good. And finally (for now) is there one reflector that would be better than another?

Thanks so much,
    GM