New to the forum, I think Im having a nutrient deficiency

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Kham, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Hi guys, I'm new to forum but I'm having a couple issues with my little lady (I'm hoping). I'm using a 400w Cfl light, with a 5 gallon dwc setup, using bio thrive, and magi-cal. I started my nutrient mix with reverse osmosis purified water to guarantee a good ph off the start. I keep the nutrient solution at a constant temperature of 78 +/- 2 and my lady is in a 6" net pot filled with hydroton.

She's about 3 weeks old, the roots look nice and healthy but it seems like growth has stalled. I'm also getting a yellowish color near the edge of the leaves and the tips of the leaves are browning. Slight purple the stalk too.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I hope I've provided enough info. to be helpful in finding insight

Attached Files:

2. This is why I grow in soil you gotta be a fucking scientist to dial in hydro/aero grows

3. #3 Skitlz, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2015
    res temp seems a little too hot.. 65-70 is better. whats ur ppm?

4. Unfortunately I can't check ppm currently. I'm working on that though.

5. I'd work on getting something even a super cheap one like 30 bucks. Gonna be really hard to get things right without it. If you aren't gonna have one. I would go about quater strength on your nutes

6. Whats the Ph? Very important in hydro.

7. Ph is pretty consistent in the 5.5-6 range

8. Let it swing up to 6 or 6.1 before you correct it, lost of nutes are locked out in the 5.5-5.6 range. I adjust my res to 5.8 when I refill and don't touch it until I have to fill again.

9. Just a little bit of a visual update. I feel like my nutrient solution was a tad bit strong at first. She's looking much happier these last few days

Attached Files:

10. Not to knock your hustle but I hear with hydro and dwc the plants tissues a lot more sensitive you may want to wear rubber gloves when handling your bitches

11. Definitely something to consider. I never really gave it much thought

12. :p She's a happy little lady now

Attached Files:

13. Less is more. You have learned well young grasshopper.

14. Ahh, thanka ayou sir. Lol

15. Soo, it's been a couple good weeks now. Just topped her a couple times and put her to bed for the night.. :)

Attached Files:

16. Got bored tonight, so I made a little collage of her life til now

Attached Files:

17. this nigga here.. lmao.. No need for gloves dude.

18. A little update visually

Attached Files:

19. Oh yeah, there's a new addition to the room. Courtesy seed from a good friend of mine. Shout out to #DrHydroThumb!

Attached Files: