new to the board

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by potblower, Jan 10, 2010.

1. new to the board, blitzed, this is a good board, would like to know if anyone has an idea on powering a 100 w light with free energy, share ideas

2. I think the human rectum outputs 100 watts of electricity. Welcome to the board. :smoking:

3. Bicycle generator?

4. mouse on a wheel?

5. welcome to the city mayne

6. :wave:Word man. Solar panels would be easy and efficient. You could power more than just a 100w grow ;);)

7. solar panels?
    where would you store energy when the sun goes in
    and you need 18 hours light?
    i wink you would waste alot more money using solar panels for 1 x 100w light lol

8. When you have solar panels you also usually have batteries to store the energy :rolleyes: and you would obviously use the energy to power more than just a 100watt grow. Go do some homework on it and you will see that it pays for itself quite easily but you are right about the price being expensive up front.

Also, my response at least gave the OP some advice, so far I dont see any other useful posts on this thread.

9. you need to live somewhere with good sunlight all year round , to get your moneys worth though.
    they would neer be cost effective where i live.
    its way too cold.
    and you would need some huge solar panels to run a good grow. and make it worth while

10. I'm in the UK and it aint very sunny! i know a guy that has solar panels on his roof, he told me they do not power anything, rather he does not have to pay ANY bills, and the electricity company pay himn back for the energy he creates, but doesnt use!

11. very true silvr, still if you dont have to pay for it....isnt that what we want in the end anyways, free energy? I think its a sweet idea and if I had money :p I would look into investing a few hundred $ into it.
    Id be happy with enough to support a 800watt total grow op :D

12. #12 LBH, Jan 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2010
    Very misleading, please be more accurate when dealing with new growers. anyone with experience knows you cannot compare that to a specific unit of wattage without knowing how big the person is and what they ate last.:D

Next question is ,...."if I DO use my rectum, what will my yield be???" :laughing:

13. pretty shitty I'd say!:D

yeah veeners id love ta do it, but he spent around £6000 on the panels! all in all tho a good investment!