Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

new to smoking weed and have a few resin + hygiene questions

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 818stonerrr, Jun 30, 2009.

1. soo i have just a few questions,
    please bear with me, i am new to smoking weed.

how often should i clean my piece, and how do i scrape the resin off my piece in order to take a resin hit.
    my supply is low and i want to smoke resin the right way.

thanks

2. Clean it as often as you would like it to be clean. No harm comes from a dirty ass piece except a narsty taste and smell, and looks if that matters.

One way to get the res out is with a very thin, long, sturdy object like an unbent paperclip.

One way to clean your piece is with rubbing alcohol and salt.

Personally I clean my pieces after every couple sessions because I love to clean when I got that dro buzz :)

Happy toking.

3. Some people would say to boil the pipe and filter the resin out, dry it and smoke it.

But I don't personally like boiling pieces, I find there's too much of a chance of breaking it. :p

If you're crafty enough, you can get loads of resin out of your piece with just a paperclip.
    Just put down a piece of paper to collect the resin on, get a straightened paper clip, scrape the hell out of the inside (not too hard), and knock the resin out onto the paper.

Roll it into a ball and enjoy! As much as you can enjoy resin anyway. ;)

As far as how often you should clean it, it's up to you, really. You can clean it every time you smoke out of it if you want it super sparkly clean, or you can clean it once the resin builds up to your liking.
    Totally your choice. :smoke:

4. thanks for the help

5. I'd say for every 1/8th - 1/4 oz of pot you smoke through your piece, you can scrape the inside of the bowl and get like 2 hits of whatever you want to call that black stuff (its not resin).

When you clean the inside of the pipe, where the resin actually builds up, you'll want to use standard pipe cleaners. Of course, using pipe cleaners is not a good idea if your trying to score a ball of resin.

Use something small like toothpicks, a bobby pin, etc. I'd suggest heating the pipe with a lighter first, as it makes the resin softer and easier to pull out.

It will take longer for a good amount of resin to accumulate in a newer piece. Especially if you dont smoke a lot. Wait til it gets clogged really bad.

6. I'm on board with that :wave:. Also, having a just-cleaned pipe to smoke some chronic out of is a real delight. When I have some really dank weed I'll usually clean my pipe every night...:D...you get the best taste ever.

7. If your weed has crystals on it then don't clean it after a abit. because you get more of a buzz because they have melted to your pipe:smoke:

8. bobby pin is the best way to go

9. I give my pipes a quick clean using the stick end of the incence everytime I smoke. Every few days (as needed) I fill the pipe up with water and shack it. Maybe once I month I'll really give it a good clean.

10. Clean it when the chamber is blackening (from resin).