Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New to smoking. Have a few questions.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by swizzle95, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Hey all I'm new to smoking and the forums and I have a few questions. I've only smoked once before. First of all I'm wondering how I'm supposed to inhale. I have a steamroller and people have told me to just inhale it and hold it and others have told me to pull it into my mouth and after a few seconds inhale and hold it. Which way is right and are there any more ways? Okay second, what is the least harsh way to smoke? Last weekend my buddy came over and we smoked 2gs. This was my first time. He told me to inhale the by pulling it into your mouth and then inhale and hold. Anyways, he's smoked a lot before and even he thought that the steamroller i have was harsh. Everytime we would take a big hit we would rollover and cough for 2 minutes and it felt like I was going to throw up. Would a joint/blunt be better? Is there some type of bong I can make? Or do I just have to get used to it. So....,

1.) How do I inhale?

2.) What way is the least harsh to smoke?

Sorry its long but thanks for answering in advance.

2. 1. Get it in your lungs
    2. It is going to feel harsh no matter what blazing your 2nd time

3. 1) You inhale just like you do with air. You pull the smoke into your mouth and then inhale it deep.

2) Vaporizers are the least harsh. Other than that, bongs / water pieces.

4. Your buddy is telling you to hold the smoke in your mouth for a couple of seconds because that cools the smoke down a bit before you inhale it. It's actually good advice. I think if your steamroller is hitting you too hard, take smaller hits. There's no shame in taking smaller hits. Coughing up a lung is no fun. Smoking is supposed to be enjoyable. So start with smaller hits, and work your way up.

5. yea just make sure to inhale get it in your lungs. you will cough a lot if you are new at smoking, but so does everyone. youll get used to it.

6. first question: Inhale, then hold it for about 4 seconds, exhale.

second question: I don't know about vapes, but my least harshest way is to roll a joint. I'm not sure if it's just my bong, but it's quite harsh, so I prefer joints.

7. [quote name='"swizzle95"']Hey all I'm new to smoking and the forums and I have a few questions. I've only smoked once before. First of all I'm wondering how I'm supposed to inhale. I have a steamroller and people have told me to just inhale it and hold it and others have told me to pull it into my mouth and after a few seconds inhale and hold it. Which way is right and are there any more ways? Okay second, what is the least harsh way to smoke? Last weekend my buddy came over and we smoked 2gs. This was my first time. He told me to inhale the by pulling it into your mouth and then inhale and hold. Anyways, he's smoked a lot before and even he thought that the steamroller i have was harsh. Everytime we would take a big hit we would rollover and cough for 2 minutes and it felt like I was going to throw up. Would a joint/blunt be better? Is there some type of bong I can make? Or do I just have to get used to it. So....,

1.) How do I inhale?

2.) What way is the least harsh to smoke?

Sorry its long but thanks for answering in advance.[/quote]

hey man, welcome to the city and the world of toking.
    1. you cover the carb (hole on the end of the steamroller) and then light the bowl while inhaling. when your almost done inhaling, open the carb and clear the smoke.

2. steamrollers are harsh as hell man. if u dont like that you should pick up some sort of water filtered device, such as a bong or bubbler. you can also make these improvised if u search online.

8. just breath, then continue breathing as you hit the steamroller. Just don't exhale until you hold in the hit for like 3 seconds.

btw, that's dope you got a steamroller, they hit fat as fuck

9. You know what's nice - to inhale air *with* the smoke. It cools the smoke and takes away the harshness. And you don't need to hold it in your lungs, just inhale it in and casually release it. Don't be in a rush. Smoking marijuana is a relaxed, pleasant activity. Just enjoy it.

10. You fill the tube with smoke then move your hand off the end and suck it all into your lungs

11. Welcome to the city man,

Steamrollers are the harshest way to smoke IMO, so no shame in coughing up a lung for 2mins after. I smoke every day and would probably do the same haha.

Vapes are the smoothest, but can get pricey, so for a new smoker I would suggest a cheap bubbler for a smoother hit. Bubblers produce similar water diffusion to bongs but with less smoke volume so they might be a good option for you. You can pick up a cheap bubbler for about the same price as a dry pipe (at my LHS they are $25-$50 for the cheap guys).

Inhaling is kind of hard to teach/learn. You usually don't like how it feels to actually inhale at first but once you make yourself do it enough times it just becomes second nature.

12. You'll cough no matter what for sure, especially with a steamroller. I second the motions on a bubbler also. You can get some real nice compact pieces for a good price that are durable and look good to boot.

13. breath it in, with air. Thats how i do it and i figure it gets absorbed better ( my theory, not fact ) and will be less harsh. If you dont want it to be harsh eat an ice cube right before you take a hit, this will numb you.