New to seeds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by n8tdaug, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Hey there everyone,
    Right i have managed to get seeds germinated and they have been growing well. I am just using a 120watt flourescent light set up from my local grow shop.
    Tomorrow they will be two weeks old at what stage should i introduce them to a 400watt metal halide. (which i have. Also have 400watt HPS for flowering)
    Usualy i just use clones so seedlings are quite new territory for moi.
    Also i have moved the light further away from the plants as the leaves have been curling upwards. Could there be another reason for this?
    Using all mix and have not fed the little babies yet as the soil should be fertile enough to get them well established. :cool:
    Using a bud box also.
    Please help me people.

2. I turn on my HID after two or three weeks of growth above soil.

3. I start my seedlings under my 400 watt Hortilux HPS right away. If they have not been given the HID from birth, introduce it too them slowly and at a distance. Curling up of leaves can be caused by many things. Do you have any pictures? What type of soil are you using? What are the temps in the room?

4. Here we go.
    Using all mix-which is made up of the following
    Peat Moss
    Spaghnum peat
    Worm castings
    Pearlite
    Pre-mix.
    The temp ranges from 27 degrees centigrade to 23 degrees centigrade.
    Sorry i have no photos mate.
    There doesnt seem to be any leaf burn.
    Should i introduce them to the 400watt halide but keep it high.
    My bud box is only 2m cubed (1m*1m*2m).
    I also use little peat pots but had to put them in pots as tiny little roots were becoming visible through them.

5. Yes.
    Put them about 24 inches above the plants. Monitor them a couple of times per day but they should be fine. Also, you don't have much height to deal with. You will probably have to LST.

6. Seems like they are ok now. I know the height isnt great. I chose what i believe to be a mostly indica plant (big bud afghani) so that it they wont grow too tall.
    This may sound kind of nooby question but what is LST'ing the plants? Is it when you nip the plant to control the height? Or is that when you bend them over?
    P.s i am one of those growers that is in with the plants numerous times a day.
    Talking to them and breathing on them. I heard that sitting with them can raise the levels of carbon dioxide.