Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New to scaling... quick question

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by iTokeat420, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Okay, I am going to get a 0.01 gram lcd scale.

When I weigh the weed if it's in the bag, it won't be the right weight cause the bag ways a little bit.

I'm really stoned right now, and I know there is a way, I'm just fucked up.

2. the bag shouldnt make much of a difference but if you want to be exact, put the weed straight on the scale or just put the bag on it, zero the scale out, then add weed.
    happy tokin

3. You don't need to do all that, why don't you just weigh the bags and see how much they weigh and subtract that. Or you could just scale the bud out of the bag?

4. 15/15 Baggies (Dub bags) weigh .3 grams mah dude.

5. yea dont weigh it in the bag, itll put extra weight on. scales for weed are incredibly sensitive. if i blow on mine itll give me a number. but i would assume the bag weighs at least .3 of a gram so just take it out and weight it alone

6. Ding ding ding.

7. Uh... id have to say everyone is wrong. get like a solo cup, put it on the scale. zero it out. put desired about of weed in solo cup. empty the solo cup into a baggie.

8. So do you guys measure your weed when it's still in the bag?

9. no we do not

10. do whatever is mathematically convenient. take an empty bag (if you have them) and weigh it before the one with weed (subtract that from the overall). very simple. learning how to smoke the shit is going to be a whole different thread.:smoking:

11. use the TARE or Zero option to make the scale go to 0. then add the contents to the bag.

12. dime bags = .2
    dubs = .3
    GENERALLY

with that being said your scale should have a calibration button. Put the bag on the scale until it weighs out, hit the calibration button and the scale should now read .00, Start stuffin bags and throw them on the scale and now the figure that appears on the screen should be the weight of only the bud.

13. #13 tyrone biggums, Jan 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2009
    .01 gram scales suck for weed. seems cool but its trash. i advise against it.
    nothing is exact and it just pisses people off because its so accurate. unless you push ya or h then go for it..

edit
    to answer the question;
    weigh the bag before hand, most weight around a gram, then add that to the total weight. so your sack should be one eighth + 1 gram from the bag weight. 4.5grams

14. or just get a cup, weight that, tare the scale, then weigh.

must be super confusing :/

15. How high does one get when the concept of weighing an item in a bag and subtracting the weight of the bag is a hard thing to come to on your own. No offense, but seriously, asking in seasoned tokers, how to weigh weed on a fucking scale. PFFFT!!!! I'm sorry but what is with the flood of newbies thinking they are seasoned, this question is a waste of time. How do you weigh yourself on a scale? I dont know usually you get on it, and if you weighed yourself naked, OMFG your going to weigh less than if you had left your clothes on. WHOA MAN THATS FUCKING CRAZY TALK!

16. DUDE! thats how you use a scale??

OHHHHHHHHH

i thought you weighed the whole thing, smoked the weed, THEN realized you were shorted :rolleyes:

silly me, thanks for clearing that up!!:D

17. Anytime clarification is needed i will be there.

18. I dont care if you're really stoned, this is fucking redic. TAKE THE WEED OUT OF THE BAG, or if your using a regular sandwich bag its between .8-1.3. and if it matters about a point youre dumb. and if youre going through a middleman expect a little .2.-.4 (playa's tax)

19. well say an 8th is 3.7/8 then the bag will be the extra .2/3
    just apply this to any of your pick ups and you should be good
    scales are VITAL.

20. Another genius thread in the Seasoned Tokers section