New to QB, need input on this

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Wizzle_A, Feb 15, 2019.

1. A single one of those 2 board qb288 fixtures can grow a pound. Roughly each 288 board is 8oz capable. Some have even went higher then that. A 4 board setup can grow you 2 pounds in a 4x4. It takes some learning to work with them coming from other lights. They don't have the best direct penetration so you want a wide spread plant with not the thickest canopy. I spend a bit of time thinning mine out for good penetration. Nutrient needs change with these lights as well. Dramatically more cal/mag consumption.

3x3 isn't the idea space for a 2 board on the longer heatsink but it will work fine. If you look at it, it's a rectangle so the footprint of the light will also be a rectangle shape in area of highest intensity. It's not bad at all. It's in the recommended coverage area for the fixture. 4 qb120's in a square might give you more even coverage and the same watt level. In fact the exact same driver will work for 4 qb120's in series.

As far as light distance. It depends on the plant pretty vastly. 16-18" won't always cause negative effects. I have strains that do fine at that distance and some like like more on the 18"-22" side.

You'll find that seedlings/clones don't like intense light and starting off with them and this intense of a light you probably want to dial down the I/O current dimmer under the rubber plug on the driver and go with about 30-32" to start out with. You can even make a light defuser like Or-Gro talked about to shield the sensitive young plants especially if they are under a humidity dome until they get some legs under them. Then you can slowly reduce the distance and turn up the current.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1

2. thank you,

Each 288 board is 8z as you stated, so this piece is (2) 288 boards (1lb) .. I thought something different, thank you for clarifying
    What does the 288 stand for? Watt output?

Whats the ideal space for the board?

The 4 QB's seem like a great idea, ill keep it in mind, im new.

thank you for answering everything.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 288 301b Samsung diodes

4. 288 total diodes on each board. Maximum watt output per board is approx 150 watts each board. 2800mA @51 volts or so for v2 diodes. 54 volts for v1's. They will run warm at that level and most run them more around 130 watt level. Each board is capable of covering approx 2x2 for flower. That's 4 square feet. 4 x 35watts per square is 150 watts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Thank you all so much. I especially appriciate the input from zerobs, and tbone. I ended up pulling the trigger on both of the links that tbone shared. Just hurry up and wait now. I will definatly be back in time. Once they arrive if I have any questions, or just have you guys take a look to make sure it's correct before I plug it all in. Thank you again everyone.

6. 4CA7D169-2BF0-43CD-BE9A-B441CE24F7B4.png 9386E497-DE39-4975-9146-B88FD2E5CC3C.png Nice! Good choice. I only got state taxes so can’t make all order but picked up these just now. I’m now thinking imma hold off on the 96v2. They ain’t going anywhere and just flower with 288 and learn them. As soon as 4 packs of 132 r back I will grab 2 4 packs

• Like Like x 2
  7. please post a detailed grow journal, im excited to see how it goes for you!

8. Can anyone help with an equivalent of the 260 xl. I went to order the other evening and they are sold out. What else could I run to get equal results. Coverage and price wise. It'd only a 2x3 tent, so I'm just looking for great coverage that isn't going to kill the bank. I have no idea how to pair the boards with the drivers, if anyone could help again I'd appriciate it.