New to PC Grow Parts??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ozsteel, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Hi guys..

I want a start a little PC grow but I dont know what parts that I would need in order to start... Any PC growers please help me out..

I have all the other nec.. like soil, pots, nutes, PC box.. But I need to know what else I need do I need exhaust fan and intake fan as well. Will foil suffice to reflex light inside the box plz help.. absolute beginner PC grower here with hunger to learn...

2. Yes, you will need an intake/exhaust for proper airflow. You might be able to get away with just an exhaust fan and passive intake, but I would recommend having a fan for both if possible; PC fans typically don't move that much air. Aluminum foil will suffice as a reflective lining, but it's still not great.

PC grows are pretty cool and all, but their just not that practical imo. Keeping a plant in a pc case from start to finish requires a decent amount of maintenance and know-how. A lot of people's plants outgrow their case before finishing, forcing them to find a new grow location last minute, which is a pretty fucked up situation.

On the other hand, a dresser/armoire grow would provide you with the stealth you seek with much more room for error. It may require more work initially, but it would be worth it in the long run. Best part is, you can usually find these things for free on craigslist. Not trying to tell you what to do, but please consider your options before you commit to something that may turn out to be quite disappointing.

Good luck man,

-BB