New to outdoor and having some problems with a few plants please help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by imskitzo87, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Okay so this is my first outdoor season although I have been growing for a while but let me start by telling you my growing conditions and strains I'm currently growing green crack ,gdp, dead head og and gsc. I'm currently in merced ca and the temps are reaching mid 90's in the day an reaches 60 or so at night... I'm currently using sensi grow and bloom just because I bought it for my indoor grow but decided to do outdoor. But I am going to go with super soil next year. But I was giving them nutes ever 3 or 4 days and watering everydaybecause it's so hot but I only water as they tell me to. They are all in 25 gallon smart pots and I'm giving them r.o water at about 2.5 gallons a day and I'm also giving them big bud about every week or so give or take a day or so but please I need help my poor plants...but here's the pics the last pic is in coco. And all the rest of the plants are in recipe 420 soil which has worm castings and a few goodies in it.. It's only happening to a few plants

Attached Files:

2. i pick like 100 yellow leaves combined a day lol your fine. the plants will really yellow out as harvest comes closer

3. Kinda pricey nutes to be using outdoors. Also unless you have really bad water or water with chloramine in it I wouldn't waste the money on RO water. In flowering its totally normal for fan leaves to turn yellow and die off. Your plants look fine in the pics. You just don't want to many leaves turning yellow and dying off to soon or to fast.

4. Actually water here is extremely bad averaging 48 drops of ph down to get to 6.5 per gallon and on a couple plants they are yellowing pretty fast but they are in coco but I adjust nutes and p.h 6.0 but I will take some more pics today of the garden

5. #5 tplat, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2013
    Are they in straight coco or did you amend it? Coco grows tend to run a little low on the calcium and magnesium and also at a PH of 6.0 you could be locking out calcium and Sensi Grow Bloom parts A&B lack enough calcium and magnesium in it. Also using RO water can cause that. If using RO water you shouldn't need to be using much PH down at all. RO water PH`s easy and from my experience with the RO water I have bought out of the machines at Wal Mart or Safeway it didn't take much PH Up. Most nutrients and ammendments usualy lower the waters PH.

6. Dude, stop worrying. Your crop is fine; it looks nice and green with the exception of a few yellow lower leaves here and there - it's not any kind of a big deal, don't over think this and don't try and fix an "issue" that isn't there.

This is normal.

J

7. #7 Shifty007, Sep 6, 2013
    It reminds me of a potassium deficiency. I've got plenty of yellowing leaves like everyone else but they don't look like that all burnt on the outer edges and stuff. Someone with more experience thou could offer some insight. If they say let it go they are prob right only other thing to do would be up you potassium and calmag.

8. Just giving him some info for future reference. Most base nutes like Sensi Grow lack calcium and magnesium which can be made worse when combined with RO water since RO water has no calcium or magnesium in it compared to tap water. Also in coco a PH of 6.0 will lock out calcium.

9. Yes when I do add bigbud powder because i got it for free but it lowers my ph quite a bit but otherwise my r.o water is at 6.3 and I usually try to keep it at 6.5.. What ph should I keep my 2 coco plants at? they are just in canna coco.. Which I heard was really good but I'm also only giving my plants about 10 ml of sensi bloom per gallon just because the soil recipe 420 already comes with some goodies in it.

10. Also sense this is my first outdoor grow I was wondering what kind of yield can I expect from each plant they are in 25 gallon pots besides 5 bigger ones that are in35 gallon pots and my coco that are in 5 gallon pots. Any insight will help.... And thank you

11. The first pic is my dead head og and the second pic is green crack and third pic is gdp kens cut.

PS Thank you doj for finally backing off us for growing a medicine!!!

Attached Files:

12. Coco grows are usualy PH`d the same as hydro if your running straight coco. Don't know what Canna may add to their coco soil but normaly for coco the sweet spot for PH is 5.8. There is a forum section on just coco growing and there a guy and or his wife that grow in coco and they know there stuff when it comes to coco. You should check out that section. Do you have hard water where you live? Whats the PH of your tap water? We have hard water that has a consistent PH of 7.1-7.2 year around and its all I use for water I do let it sit out for 24 hours before use to evaporate the chlorine. Outdoors in the ground and in a 100 gallon grow bag we use a custom soil mix and Age Old nutrients along with molasses and a couple of bud enhancers and we don't PH anything. its more organic so its not as reliant on PH but is more reliant on the beneficial microbes in the soil to break down the nutes for the plant to absorb.

13. #13 tplat, Sep 6, 2013
    They look pretty good for your first outdoor grow sofar its a little different then indoors less control. As for yield that's a guessing game.

14. Yeah tell me about it I'm just hoping to get a qp per but I did put them out on July 14th

15. I really like growing outdoor though next season I'm planing on doing 15 100 gallon smart pots in some super soil

17. My ph is really high it's like 8 or so with just the tap water that's why I decided to go with a stealth hydro r.o and I have grown hydro for a couple years but I prefer soil. I really prefer organically but I didn't want to waste the nutrients I already had. Do you think I should add a little cal mag to my solution or just switch to tap water I'm just worried about the water quality

18. Especially if u didn't use an ro I think it would kill my plants from the lock out

19. Unless your losing a lot of leaves fast I wouldn't worry about it to much and just ride it out. Leaves yellowing up and dying off in flowering is normal you just don't want it to happen to early into flowering or dying off to fast before the plant has a chance to finish out. I`ve read about other growers using coco as a soil amendment in their outdoor soil mix but not as the primary soil base. Are you PH adjusting your nutes before you water them?