New to Organic Growing

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Noobgrower2019, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Im looking to start growing organic for my next run which will be in 2-3 months for the first time. Will be growing indoors with 2 plants in a 2x4 tent in either 3 or 5 gallon fabric pots.

I was looking at the happy frog soil with Gaia green dry amendments. I’m looking for something simple for my first time around. Has I’m getting tired of having to mix bottled nutrients all the time lol.

Is that combination recommended?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I know the feeling....I got away from that a while back,and things got so much easier...
    Your plan sounds like an excellent way to get into it easy, and simple !

• Like Like x 1
  3. IME the bigger the pots the easier/less work with organics, 15 to 20 gallon pots. Before you decide on what soil to use check out some of the no till soil recipes No-Till Gardening: Revisited

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. for a 2x4 tent a ten gallon would be a good size and you could recycle one of the no till recipes too. i do a 50/50 of old and fresh soil. seems to work really well. i now grow in 20+ gallon pots and depending on the dimensions, one of my 20 gallons in 2 feet wide itself. so you might want to check on the dimensions when the tent is only two foot wide.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. You could buy a higher quality potting soil with amendments already in it at buildasoil.com or KISorganics.com Would much better than Fox Farms stuff.

“Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished” - Lao Tzu
    Prepper420’s No-Tillin Adventure!

• Like Like x 2
  6. I like Happy Frog, it's not too bad as a starting point and you can add amendments to it but you are better off money and soil-wise to simply mix your own soil from scratch. Forget the HF and forget the Gaia green.

follow the simple no-till recipes available to you and you will have an excellent, water only, organic soil that will grow and increase in fertility the longer you use it.
    try starting here Easy Organic Soil Mix for Beginners and Indoor gardening without bottled nutrients *(on this one his recipe is on page 2 post #23) but LOTS of excellent info to read before you get to it.

overall you will end up building a much better soil from scratch! and most, if not all, amendments you can usually find MUCH cheaper at local ag feed & seed stores and local nurseries. avoid the hydro and grow shops. They only take your money.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Awesome I’ll look into making my own.

I also found a soil at a local shop called “Gaia green organic living soil” has anyone tried it?

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. I’m hoping to do an inside SIP soon. I wish you success.